Stutter Effect Pedals

I’m in the market for a stutter/delay pedal and have been looking at the Ottobit after it was mentioned on here by another user.

Since that I’ve seen some other pedals inc Blooper, Mood, Malekko Charlie Foxtrot…

I think I’m on the cusp of going for the Ottobit but thought I would see if anyone here has experience of these pedals.

My primary focus is getting a outboard similar stutter to Ableton Beat Repeat but then some of the things the Blooper / Mood can do seem really interesting but its difficult from watching demo’s to know if I could get close to the stutter on the Ottobit and then get some additional loop and delay possibilities…

This demo shows off the otto well for my intentions…

2 Likes

The boss slicer is actually really cool and works great for synths

2 Likes

Red Panda Particle might be up your alley.

3 Likes

I have the Ottobit Jr and it’s an amazing pedal, I use it all the time with my synths and drum machines. The only downside is that it’s sorely missing a mix knob, because the stutter effect can be way too overpowering sometimes! My workaround has been to run just one of the stereo channels through it, so that one side is always full wet and the other full dry.

I also have the Catalinbread CSIDMAN which creates some very interesting stutter effects, but since it doesn’t have tap tempo it’s much harder to use effectively.

1 Like

Have to agree with Cepheid, Red Panda Particle and Tensor.

1 Like

Great recs cheers, just been checking them out. I think I would feel more in control of the Ottobit based on what I’ve seen.

That is something I was think about, maybe effecting who sections of audio and then at mix down bringing stems back into Ableton and setting up the Ottobit as a sends track for further… but yeah your work around is a great idea.

Sp404sx is a great fx unit and the loop fx does the job + a lot more functionality to get out of. Great value

1 Like

+1 for the Boss Slicer. Midi in for tempo too. Great for inspiration.

1 Like

Drolo Stamme[n] is an interesting take on the concept:
https://www.drolofx.com/pedals/stammen/

2 Likes

I guess Roland Scooper has similar stutter fx plus CV modulation, it works both as an eurorack module and stand alone.

But hell yeah Ottomix is quiet surprising stuff!

2 Likes

Pedals are a slippery slope.

5 Likes

The hexe fx revolver dx is the best glitch pedal on the market, hands down.

2 Likes

That’s pretty sweet. Too bad it’s not stereo, I would’ve picked one up if it was.

the reVolver does look worth considering.

Few more listed here to check out.

1 Like

These look great - are there any that do stereo in/out?

The Meris Ottobit Jr is stereo (via TRS), not sure about the others

1 Like

Not to mention the Kammerl beat repeat firmware for MI Clouds, eurorack but stereo i/o

The Meris pedal looks and sounds amazing. The only off putting bit for me is having to rely on tap tempo rather than being able to send it midi clock. Such a shame that wasn’t included

Edit: midi clock is possible, my bad!

There’s always you old pal Aen and the grazer.

4 Likes