Studio to-do list

since i bought proper monitors and proper cam, don’t have studio 2do list anymore.

Or the Syntakt he is bored with.

3 Likes
  1. Make music

I’m not bored with the Syntakt.

Far from it.

I’m just bored with focusing on it.

1 Like

Got it, my mistake. I misinterpreted it.

Maybe you lost focus

3 Likes

I never had any focus, I’m almost blind. And if I focus my left eye goes in the wrong direction (strabismus). :rofl:

3 Likes
  1. Clean all audio and power cable with soapy water to remove mould
  2. Replace Emu XL1 power supply
  3. Sell Volcas
  4. Dust
  5. Troble shoot midi usb time alignment in FL
  6. Clean Akai AX73 key bed
  7. Fix Arturia BSP power supply
  8. Fix channel 8 on switch Yamaha N12
  9. Put out ant poison
  10. Fix Arturia microbrute key bed middle c
  11. Find use for KP3 or sell
  12. Buy ikea laptop stand for AH
  13. Buy subpac for chair

That thick anti-spill coffee they make for Stroke victims.

1. Work out why one input of my DR-40 has stopped working (and probably get it fixed)
  • figure out how to fix that broken FMR RNLA
  • fix one headphone out on my focusrite 18i20
  • find something interesting to fill the remaining 3U in my rack
  • fix/readjust my guitar
  • try and remember what I got all this stuff for

My studio list:

• buy a house
4 Likes

Getting organized and moving stuff around I rediscovered my MC707. Favorite old toy. Stopped the to-do list and made a quick jam.

That’s what I’m saying though. I can never get organized cause all I want to do is jam…

2 Likes

Time is too short so when the chance comes it’s always just:

dust

pick any of 1000 items on the music/sound to-do list

Then you’ll have the house to-do list and no time to make music.

4 Likes

I have started my own private, modern slavery. He’s 2 years old now and should then be old enough be enslaved properly… kids save time I say

1 Like

My actual list…

• Re-cap ensoniq EPS power supply (not 100% sure I will but bought all the bits ready), swap a resistor for the hotter volume mod

• Fix juno 106 battery drain problem - I think this was a common enough issue from a floating IC pin that just needs to be grounded. There’s a service manual addendum from bitd on it. That being said, maybe I prefer it without presets, I at least seem to have more fun with it that way.

• Finish my pedalboard, getting this setup with a switcher and lots of midi preset goodness, plan is to have an insert point with a reamper at the stereo fx. In theory I will be able to select synth patches and specific fx from a footswitch. In practice not sure why i am bothering… haha. It might be my equivalent of turning a spare room over into a model train setup

• Maschine Studio - one of the pads is getting a bit stuck, might need to pull it apart and see what’s up

• Upgrade audio interface - just need another set of line outs

• Paint and recarpet the room - really dreading this but we’re doing our place one or two rooms at a time, and my number’s coming up. I’m almost exclusively working from home so studio is actually studio plus home office plus gaming room all in one so big disruption getting it done.

• Make some music. I find it hard to be creative when the space always feels like it’s in a state of flux. Like, I can do stuff but it never feels like I’m doing it properly. Similar feel to reading the first few pages of a book but knowing you can’t commit to reading it right now.

Clearly everyone benefits a lot more if you don’t focus and jam instead.

I noticed that back when I kept a studio to-do list it either wouldn’t occur to me to refer to it or when I did I would not feel like doing any of the listed things and do something else instead. In that sense it can be a good firestarter for me because it enables focused procrastination.