Studio to-do list

1. get organized
  2. dust
  3. vacuum
  4. put away all non-music making items
  5. box up and put away gear not being used (or at least cover them up to combat dust)
  6. cable management (this is horrible since my setup is constantly changing, which is a problem in itself)

I’m constantly changing out gear as well. A patch bay coupled with a mixer helped with the cabling.

I have a list on my phone. Its not large stuff like sell A, release album etc.

Its simple functional stuff. For example if I encounter a problem like midi not working or something like that it goes on list.

Helps me park all the issues so it doesn’t get in the way of making music.

Once Im finished on a project and ready for a new one, Ill work through the list.

Been like that for years and thankfully the list is tiny at the moment.

1 Like

I gotta sell some stuff I’ve replaced/upgraded and figure out a better organization system for my notes and lyrics

Also get a couple of jam albums’ artworks settled and release 'em

1 Like

that cables.

i hate it.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is on my eventual-purchase-list at some point too. I’m very visual and I thrive on having goals front and center and easily visible.

Get a patchbay, then you’ll love them - or hate them twice as much :joy:

2 Likes

honestly thought about that, but it’s just procrastinating dontwannadodat

Oh my GOD, how long did it take me… Patchbays rule!!

1 Like

I’m scared of patchbays - seems confusing :grimacing:

They benefit from labels, or a spreadsheet, and a little forward planning.

1 Like

I’m generating a massive to-do list over here but I’m doing none of it until July 30th which is the day after the last show I have booked.

1. Finish fixing my DX7.

2. Sell my DX7.

3. Sort out the 3 bags and 2 cases full of cables I probably don’t need.

4. Learn how to use my Octatrack.

5. Continue to stay away from Eurocrack.

5 Likes

Sift and mix through that few hours of tracks from last year now sitting on my hard drive. It’s the only thing standing between me and a BIG HIT I don’t know why I can’t seem to get around or it.

Dusting? I do that every three hours.

1 Like

Toward the top of my list too. I’ve got it humming along nicely as ‘performance mixer’ and effects but there is so much more and I want it ALL.

1 Like

Best thing I ever did for my studio bar none was installing a patchbay.

Eurocrack is itching!
Doesn’t help with cables doh!

1 Like

I bought one like a year and a half ago and still haven’t bothered, partially because I didn’t think about how I’d need to double the number of cables I have lol. I know once I set it up it’ll be revolutionary though.

• Buy more pedals.

• try not to buy @Fin25 OT when he sells it next week

• stop buying pedals

• sell the shit I have for sale and don’t un-box it multiple times just to be sure it should go

• buy some pedals back that I sold last year

• sell some pedals that don’t get used. Regret it, and buy them back

• settle on a setup (I’m actually getting there! HONESTLY!) and finish the album.

• dust. Again. Where’s it coming from?!

7 Likes

My cure for boxing gear is to put them out of sight. They’re all in my bedroom closet (gotta big closet).

BUT. Every time I go in there I’m like, “I have too much shit”

OR. I’m like, “Let me try that Circuit, again”

I’ve given up on trying to sell stuff. I learned a long time ago, I’ll just want the gear back when I learn some new technique or there’s some hot new update that adds that one feature I wanted…

Life’s good. Blessed for sure :upside_down_face:

5 Likes