Strymon Volante

I think it will not set the pre set loop length :frowning:

I never said “half the price” - I said you could probably find a decent used synth for $400, or whatever the Volante costs.

What’s your angle here, you don’t think expensive stuff should exist? Or you’re surprised people have different priorities to you?

1 Like

I’m talking about people unloading their Strymon El Capistan pedals at the whiff of a ‘better’ version… it seems like a hasty move, is all

my “angle” is from reading about people on this forum selling and repurchasing the same piece of gear (typically Elektron boxes) several times over

If people are happy with El Capistan that’s good. It’s great, from what I hear. Likewise if people want to recoup the cost of a Volante and make room in the studio/pedalboard/whatever, that’s up to them. I don’t see an issue either way.

Volante is a different product. Some people will want the extras, some won’t.

Personally, I’m excited about using p-locks or MIDI LFOs from a certain Elektron box to animate the Volante.

Gotta love Strymon for including full-sized MIDI in AND out/thru.

6 Likes

This.

4 Likes

part of that is Strymon immediately saying “it’s El Capistan on steroids.” so people are like “whoa! an even better version of a pedal I love!?! WANT!” and choose to sell their El Cap - which is still fetching $250-ish - to fund it. not everyone has the space/funds to purchase and see if they should hang onto their old pedal or not.

but you’re right, could be a hasty move. Strymons retain their value really well though and it’s a hot pedal at the moment. so even if one decided to sell it and buy the El Cap back, wouldn’t be much loss, if any.

OK…but a 400€ Synth still does Not make a good Tape Delay fx Emulation…that can be Used with other synths. Or guitars.

1 Like

point taken

2 Likes

I like spending money. It’s revenge for doing a well paid boring job I don’t like.

17 Likes

Anyone succeeding in getting Volante to sync to MIDI clock? (in my case Octatrack MkII)

Is the loop length like the Capistan around 20 seconds i think?

Yes! MIDI clock sync isn’t activated by default, so you have to activate it. You have to hold feedback 1 and feedback 4 and turn the Rec Level knob until the ON switch LED is green. (page 11 of the manual here : https://strymon.net/manuals/Volante_UserManual_REVA.pdf )

2 Likes

Yeah, I followed the instructions and also confirmed that OT is set to send MIDI clock.

3 Likes

pretty good thus far. feels more hands on to me than the big sky where i mostly used the same 2-3 presets.

I told myself no guitar pedals but had to make an exception, so far so good… and the built in spring reverb sounds great processing the modular.

5 Likes

I ordered one. I’m embarrassed to admit it, but just the way it looks had a lot to do with it. It’s the coolest looking Strymon pedal to date imo.

5 Likes

lol man, it looks even better in person. The volante finish is less slimey green and more olivey/matte in the flesh.

knobs, the little green led buttons, and switches feel great. You definitely will appreciate the aesthetics and UI.

1 Like

I love that greenish gold finish. I want my next car to be the same color lol.

I must say this pedal appeals to my aesthetic as well. The color is great - it looks like an anodized aluminum. The UI with all the knobs is really fun to work with. I’ve only just begun working with this pedal, but I’m definitely glad I got it. I also agree that the spring reverb is way more useful than I thought it would be.

5 Likes