Strymon Volante

Just wondering, since you’re modular and told yourself no guitar pedals, why you didn’t go for magneto?

Mostly because of price. Magneto costs more than 200$ more, and trying to fill the gaps from another row will burn my pocket even more :frowning:

I could have bought one of the 4ms pods but that’s even more moola.

I’d likely go for morphagene/er301 + zdsp or rainmaker for crazy looping/delay/reverb fun in euro land if I ever come across wads of cash money to justify expanding

1 Like

That was also my thoughts before i preordered the Volante.

As soon as my Digitone is paid for I’m having one of these mothers. I’m a total Strymon devotee - there isn’t another pedal brand that gets me quite so amped up!

1 Like

I get that.
I just discovered you can control each heads volume 0-100% over midi too, just keeps getting closer to magneto, just keeps getting better.

1 Like

Strymon just published a video explaining the SOS mode which I had totally ignored, thinking it was inappropriate for synthesizer.

After seeing the video I think it might be a really interesting way to build up a huge chaotic pad that you can then sample and fine tune.

Check it out!

Sounds fantastic. With reverse loops degrading like that, even the guitar stuff starts to sound very BoC-like. I can’t wait to get one. A couple more weeks until they hit the market in Japan.

I can’t wait to pair it with my Deco (and Flint) to see what kind of atmospheric stuff I can get. Plus with those time divisions, it should be possible to get some great rhythmic stuff as well.

2 Likes

You’re keeping yours? I think Volante is a straight upgrade…

Nah, it’s more of an upgrade of the El Cap. The Deco is a different beast unto itself. I sold my El Cap to make room for this though! I love tape sounds, so the more fun with “virtual” tape the better. It should be nice for stacking the saturations, adding tape chorus or flange effects, and getting wider stereo sounds.

I’m pretty sure I’ll have this AND my EC on my board… I can’t get enough of loopers! I count 6 at present.

Tho thoon! Might have to IFC one…!

F#@€…some beautiful stuff in that Video.

1 Like

I know, right?! I just ordered one. It won’t be here for a few weeks though. To be honest, I’m more excited by that Sound on Sound than I am a traditional looper. I think I’m going to be living in that lo-fi half speed mode. That seems to be where the magic happens.

Yes, that is the big attraction for me regarding this pedal.

1 Like

For that sort of experimental Frusciante vibe, maybe you should also take a look at the new Eventide.

That Rose does look cool. I saw a demo where someone was using it with E-Bowed guitar.

For some reason I am drawn to the idea of combining the Volante with the Boss RV-500.

I have a bunch of gear that I need to get off my ass and sell for some of this new stuff.

But that is a different thread!

1 Like

Whats that thing He uses near the end?

Wow nice! I guess it´s not so easy to use, as it seems, isn´t it?

1 Like

Yup you’re right.

I pulled out the Deco to test and I think one of the things that might lead me to keep it is that the Warble control has a big effect on your sound when you’re double-tracking or stereo-izing something and there are no delay repeats.

With the Volante, Mechanics and Wear are only pronounced on the longer, decaying repeat trails. (Maybe there’s a way to do it? I dunno.)

I was hoping they would pair well together. I find that the Deco really fattens up my guitar tone, so I’ve become quite fond of it for certain stuff.

I can’t wait to run the Volante through this gem that I recently found:

Mine of course is powered by Elektron tubes not electron tubes.

1 Like