Strymon NightSky Pedal

I’m sure this will sound fabulous but I don’t get why something with this many controls is in a pedal format. It’s perfect for the synth heads amongst us but for a guitarist…

1 Like

Nobody makes pedals for guitarists anymore.

14 Likes

Maybe they could get rid of those pointless foot switches :blush:

5 Likes

Arcade buttons instead, great with socks

5 Likes

Product description (in Italian)

Translated:

STRYMON NIGHTSKY REVERBERANT SYNTHESIS MACHINE

489.00 €

ARRIVAL PRODUCT EXPECTED TO START OCTOBER

Reverberant Synthesis Machine

NightSky is a reverberant synthesis workstation and a powerful and manual experimental sound design platform. NightSky gives you continuous real-time control of reverb pitch / processing speed / size, harmonics, and even a resonant synthesizer-like filter with multiple modulation waveforms, as well as a step sequencer with variable scrolling. You have never heard a pedal like this before.

Time-Warped Reverberator

Create stunning soundscapes by playing just a few notes of your instrument. Apply a pitch effect and harmonic manipulation to the reverb tail, with sweep filters similar to those of a synth. Enter a world of new sounds that sweep the boundaries of what was possible with reverb. With the pioneers and adventurous sonic explorers in mind, we’ve created a reverb pedal that can go where no one has gone before!

New Sonic Territory

NightSky is an irresistible reverb pedal. Deep, powerful sound manipulation with instant control response, and the absence of gibberish menus, set a new standard in experimental reverb design.

Warp Core Reverb

NightSky achieves some of its most mind-blowing sounds by using a variable process speed for the reverb core, allowing you to simultaneously change its size and pitch. This reverb pitch change can be completely smooth or quantized on a variety of musical scales. And it can be sequenced!

Harmonic Sculpture Machine

Use the Shimmer effect to change the harmonic structure via selectable musical intervals. Add the Glimmer effect to dynamically enhance the harmonic spectrum. Increase the Drive controll to generate overdriven saturated harmonics. Then sculpt the resulting signal with the synthesizer-like variable resonance low pass filter.

Sound Design

• Three selectable reverb types offer a wide variety of ambient textures: Sparse, Dense, Diffuse.

• Sparse: Creates reflections far enough away from each other so that they are clearly distinct. Linked notes create an exuberant but pleasantly clean sound field, while staccato notes reveal individual echoes that are well suited to sound design and special effects.

• Dense: is an immediate response reverb with a uniform sound texture, with characteristics similar to plate-type reverbs.

• Diffuse: Creates slow-building atmospheres that excel with ambient textures, swells and even reverse. Diffuse reverb deconstructs and spreads transients over time to achieve its expansion effect.

• MOD section with six different waveforms to modulate the reverb or tone filters

• TONE section for sculpting the equalization of the highs and lows of the reverb

• VOICE section to improve the sound spectrum of the reverb

• Adjustable SHIMMER effect to add pitch shifting up to +/- 1 octave to the reverb

• The GLIMMER control dynamically enhances the high or low frequency harmonics for synth-like textures

• DRIVE Pre or Post control to add saturated harmonics to the reverb

• Adjustable reverb room size to increase or decrease the space for reflections

• Independent REVERB effect and DRY sound level controls

• Step sequencer to program rhythmic variations of the reverb pitch

• Access to 16 favorite presets from the front panel, 300 presets via MIDI

SPECIFICATIONS

Ins, Outs, Switches

• Class A high impedance stereo input
• Low impedance stereo outputs
• Input switch for instrument / line level selection
• Footswitch for effect on / off control, favorite preset and Infinite function
• EXP input for connecting an expression pedal, the MultiSwitch Plus, or the 1/4 ”jack / MIDI cable • Complete MIDI In / Out implementation with MIDI CC support, program changes, etc.
• USB port for MIDI control via computer, and for firmware updates

Audio Quality and More

• Fully analog signal path. Zero signal latency
• The dry signal is never converted to digital
• JFET premium analog input stage
• High performance and ultra low noise 24-bit 96kHz A / D - D / A converters • High performance SHARC DSP processor
• 32-bit signal processing
• 20Hz - 20kHz frequency response
• Audio input impedance: 1M Ohm
• Audio output impedance: 100 Ohm
• True Bypass (switching via electromechanical relays)
• Selectable, super clear, high quality buffered analog bypass • Durable and lightweight anodized aluminum chassis
• 9V DC power supply included
• Absorption: 300mA
• Dimensions: 114.3mm x 177.3mm x 44.5mm
• Made in the USA

6 Likes

Guitarists are synth heads now… :yum:

3 Likes

Nice…

I need a harmonic sculpture machine in my life. The spec looks great but I would need to sell my BigSky for this, oh no dilemma!

1 Like

Yeah, as cool as this is, I don’t think it’ll replace my BigSky. More of an addition down the line after I have saved for it.

I’m still really wanting that Volante as well, and my TimeLine is looking at me funny when I suggest that.

1 Like

I know - I see them lusting over my minimoog and then looking back at their miserable pick-ups :laughing:

I let my timeline go - bought a Second hand DiG - and never looked back - well not too much anyway

Ive had version 2 for ever. I stopped playing guitar and never got rid of it. I have never used it with any of my synths. How are you using yours?

:face_vomiting: Shimmer. If they wrote PITCH, fine, but guitarists love their faux synth pads that synth heads can patch in a jiffy. Credit for sticking to a theme though, like the Blackhole, KISS for those who like what they like without the threat of falling down permutations of rabbit holes. Like the Volante, sure it’ll hit the spot for many guitarists, but Volante plus Nightsky :face_vomiting: weird combo.
I suppose next year Strymon will release a modulation pedal in this form factor. A chorus Ensemble of some sort?

How much are the Volante and the Big Sky in Europe?

cant wait for this.

That Italian music store in the link is selling the Big Sky for 539 € and the Volante for 439 €.

1 Like

As an OT owner I find that delays do sound better than reverbs with the sound profiles of the OT. I’d rather add “ambience” than “depth”.

1 Like

Ok. If that’s why you want this Strymon, feel free to get it and have fun.

I’m kind of interested in it, for a different reason.

I just sold my Erbeverb, this looks like it might be a pretty decent replacement…

1 Like

what’s the price on this ?

1 Like