Strymon NightSky Pedal

Maybe it’s just me getting older but I really am not into super complex pedals anymore. I’ve done the Meris, hologram electronic red panda, eventide thing and honestly they’re really just too complicated for me. And I like the timeline but really I’m fine with just my Brig and maybe a Deco. So while I’m interested about what this could be at the same time I don’t think it’s something I’ll necessarily buy.

[edit]
Or what will probably happen is I’ll go back on everything I just said, think I could somehow make it work, buy it, anxiously wait for its arrival, realise that in fact i was right all along and then sell it that same evening on reverb and lose 20 bucks on it between fees and taxes.

13 Likes

yeah I prefer more “one trick pony” type pedals too. and ones where you don’t have to guess/hope to remember what the “global” parameters mean. I sold my Timeline and Big Sky for the El Cap, Dig and Blue Sky.

that said, I reserve the right to still get excited by this thing, once I know what it is.

7 Likes

god I hate teasers. Just show the damn device or go away until you’re ready to show the device.

3 Likes

At least they are trickling something out once a day for a few days (presentation tomorrow evening, West Coast USA time). Teenage Engineering are giving us cryptic stuff once a week for 4-5 weeks, good grief.

3 Likes

Yup, and they gave the announcement date in the first teaser, so timing expectations were set early. This seems just fine. We even know the name now. Much different than super-overpriced single color shirts…

But like @chiasticon said i reserve the right to still be excited.

1 Like

strymon grainsky

strymon cloudsky

strymon mutablesky

1 Like

Sounds kinda russian, haha.

“Tarkovsky” would be a great name for a pedal.

16 Likes

Love my Adrenalinn, had to buy the pedal after he stopped support for the plugin.

1 Like

OOoooo I can hear it: exciter resonator and long decays with spring reverb. Straight Stalker shit.

2 Likes

:star: SKY like in STARSKY

Time-warped reverberator

6 Likes

Full reveal

44 Likes

I’m so mad I laughed at this.

1 Like

I’m enlivened that it’s multilingual.

A positive step toward an inclusive society. :wink:

Cheers!

1 Like

I love that Strymon has given us separate knobs for white and russian! Gamechanger!

3 Likes

I think I’m reaching this point. I have and love Eventide Space but honestly I am lost and end up tweaking all the parameters randomly. Much of the time I just use the OT to add reverb!

7 Likes

1 Like