STROM for iPad

Really hoping Void’s still alive and well.

6 Likes

Does Strom not work anymore?

Not on all firmwares. It seems he left the apps up for sale when he left “the scene” which is kind of a dick move imho. He is still collecting money for apps that don’t work anymore.

Might be a good idea to unpin this topic and remove links to his apps so nobody else will waste any money on them.

6 Likes

Still hoping that Strom gets an update at some point. It’s a bit sketchy that the £24 in app purchase is still available to buy when it only works with Rytm MK1 on an old OS where you can’t use Overbridge 2, Transfer app or Dual VCO.

4 Likes

I am using STROM with an Elektron Analog Rytm Mk1 and a Lightning-to-USB-Adapter.

Transferring samples works fine and so does creating randomized Kits and Patterns.

Though, when trying to assign a sample directly to a pad though, the status »No available sample slots« is shown.

Could you give me a suggestion on what must be done to change this? Drive+ and RAM are almost empty, a fresh Rytm-Project is currently loaded.

This is what it looks like:
IMG_0003

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards

Edit: Thanks @avantronica :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Get a refund from Apple. STROM (edit: assign samples to a pad) doesn’t work with the latest Rytm OS and the developer hasn’t been on this forum for quite a while now, so it doesn’t look like the app will be updated.

Or, you could always downgrade your Rytm OS, but as I’ve posted before, I’d rather have dual VCOs.

2 Likes

That’s what I did, thank you.

1 Like

Really hoping Rusty adopts a few of the design ideas for his much-teased set of Rytm and A4 editors.

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

4 Likes

Does sds samples transfer work with STROM and new AR MKI OS?
If not, any other app doing this?

The idea is to record things with an IPhone, edit / convert to sds > transfer to AR.

OSX or Windows?

Without computers ! :slight_smile:
IPhone or Android. My phone is dying, hard to use it as a phone! Still works to post too much here…:sketchy:

1 Like

i tried this out with rytm mk2 class compliant driver… nice stuff…

app is still maintained?

It‘s been abandoned years ago.

5 Likes

I just requested a refund from Apple and got it. It didn’t work with my ipad ios14 + rytm mkI and the author didn’t respond to my github request or emails.

1 Like

I´ve also wasted my money (30 €) on this …
Thanks for nothing Jakob Penka

I recommend Collider from the user Mekohler in this forum. This app is a blast for the Rytm, but if you did the upgrade to the 1.60 os, wait till the app´s upgrade too. He is working on already.

2 Likes

I submitted an update today for Collider, although there are bugs on Elektron’s end with the current Pattern Sysex…if you use certain combinations of TRC / Retrig / Micro, these might be decoded incorrectly…for the most part things are fine, and I’ll finish the final fixes once they release an update

8 Likes

Reading that this app works again with the class compliant Rytm MK2 makes me want to upgrade my MK1. Still it’s a pretty expensive upgrade for an app.