STROM for iPad

ok that setting is in…

kind of finalizing this version, any last takers / bugsies…?

2 Likes

It doesn’t work at all at the moment. Hasn’t worked since I purchased the app a few weeks ago, hopefully a fix will be rolled out soon.

1 Like

yep it’s fixed in the next version. Noticed some other broken things as well, music import for example… it’s being overhauled, still not quite done.

2 Likes

I’m interested in the rytm export sample. Let me know when you fix this as I’m likely to purchase it. I guess there’s no way to try the rytm communication and workflow before buying it right?

1 Like

sorry no, no trial version available… however, it’s fairly easy to get a refund from Apple (within a certain time period) if you’re not happy with an app.

Just subscribe to the thread, update out sooner than soon!

3 Likes

I think that’s the case in the EU due to some kind of consumer protection laws there, but I think it’s not quite the case here in the States…dunno, I’ve never tried to get a refund on an app (although there’s a few I should have, Strom not being one of them), I just remember the discussion popping up in the past.

has anyone Strom and the iconnect up and running?

I have an iconnectaudio4+ and strom is connected through the lightning interface to the iconnect.
The analog rytm is connected via USB to the iconnect as HST7…
Strom does not find the AR

fun fact: collider has no problems detecting the AR…
regards
F.

yeah STROM does only connect to Rytm directly.
stay tuned tho

2 Likes

Apple’s refund policy is pretty good.

Cool!
So it means this functionality (switch) is already included in the new version available for download?
(I haven’t updated mine yet - my policy is “as long as everything works, don’t update”)

nope, not released yet!

edit: now released!

3 Likes

Ah, a new version is out :slight_smile:

Do I still have to connect strom and the AR directly or is iconnect now supported :slight_smile:

No matter what your answer is: I do enjoy your software totally…

best
F.

2 Likes

thanks! this version works wireless, but you need to connect your Rytm to a Mac and have SDS Drop running on that acting as a bridge.

So, iConnect still unsupported. But I’ll open connections to arbitrary MIDI devices in the next update.

8 Likes

+1 for Iconnect support! Would love to check out this app but my setup involves IPad/Mac/AR/+more all connected to Iconnect4+. By plugging IPad directly to AR, or AR directly to Mac, I loose other functionality of my setup. Waiting hopefully…

Strom is on sale for FREE right now!

Thank you Void.

5 Likes

spread the word! :grin:

3 Likes

Wow, I’m just seeing that now!
Looking forward giving it a try tonight!

Just wanted to say I could find time, at last, to try the new setting (toggle between global/track based recall) and it works wonderfully. This will really enhance my use of Strom for live structuring of songs/performance. I haven’t got to grip with it yet, but this will surely make a huge difference!
Thx for that

2 Likes

I have a bug where only half of a sample is being transmitted from Strom to the Rytm. Doesn’t matter if it’s a slice or the whole thing. Anyone else noticing this? Tried through SDS drop and directly from Strom, same thing.

iOS10.1.1, rytm OS 1.31

2 Likes

Yeah, that happened to me. Granted there are work around that have the same end result, so I’m not TOO troubled about this. The program is still offering an apparent miracle.

If you’re loading a longer slice just double the duration through a renounce. If you’re sending slices just rebounce with each slice doubled redo your slices twice the length, done.

It is a shame that the workaround need be done, but the program is really cool and offers a miraculous interconnectity with the RYTM. I’ve let him know about the issue when he released wireless, so I’m sure he’s working on it. Until then, you can still do what you need to do at the end with a little bit of workaround.

2 Likes