STROM for iPad

He was on Twitter the other day, so at least he’s still alive.[/quote]
just checked…says December 10th

[/quote]
His personal Twitter account. Not the account for the Strom app.

ahhh…ok
he say anything about what happened to him or about strom?

Non-disclosure agreement?

he’s probably packing things up to move to sweden :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: … this will surely help him and you guys have an app that’s been developed ‘in-house’.
i would keep looking around here, perhaps you’ll see him back in the forum with a red badge on his profile picture. good luck with that Void (hoping on the other hand that nothing bad happened)

Is there any reason why people are speculating that Strom will be or has been picked up by Elektron?

i think they are trying to be funny… or wishful thinking.

Well I know Cenk had a very close hand in the development of it so it’s not too much of a stretch to think that it could go official.

So it’s invented, pure speculation.

I think because elektron seemed to be positive About it, cenk was seen using it, and Now it is silent around the app. Not too long ago, the communication with void (who created the app) was very smooth.

At any rate as a day one buyer of the app and the in app purchase I’m less than thrilled by how this is handled. My (maybe naive) intention was to support further development like the documentation and the tutorial vid that were announced a while ago. Of course I’m not entitled to anything beyond what I payed for at the time when it was released but still this complete lack of communication leaves a stale aftertaste and next time I’ll think twice before being an early adopter. I’d very much appreciate some sort of heads up from void.

Best,
Hans

Yes, seems that way, but… just to play devil’s advocate… from what I’ve gathered over the last page or two…

• Void was helped by Elektron / Elektron employees in the development of Strom.
  • Void appears to have gone awol.
  • There has been no updates or communications regaring Strom from Void in the last X amount of time.
  • Elektron were very positive about Strom.
  • Strom provides certain functionality that Overbridge does, or will want to do (i.e. why reinvent the wheel)

Reviewing the above, and it’s not hard to add two plus two and get five… that being Elektron have nabbed Void/Strom and will be part of the Overbridge product offering and he is under an NDA.

Me? I just hope Void is doing well, as I am seriously impressed with Strom and have a massive amount of respect for him.

The flipside of that is, after buying the required cable, I’ve been holding fire on purchasing Strom due to the above.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

sorry for going awol and thanks a lot to every one of you for supporting this project!

Maybe sounds weird but I really needed a break from all this after working on it rather obsessively for quite a long time. basically taking a deep breath.

the 2 or so years leading to the release of STROM had been a horrible part of my life tbh - got a lot of catching up to do :slight_smile:

STROM is not abandoned.

There’s a totally unrelated project I’m doing with a friend right now (it’s got LASERS and I get to learn a lot about signal processing), but when that’s done I’ll return to here.

I don’t believe him, it is probably gonna be part of Overbridge ;). This must be part of his NDA.

no, not serious, wish you all the best! Still use Strom, it is still amazing.
take care.

I’m just glad to hear you’re ok / keeping well.

Guess I should nab Strom then. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I know that feeling…

Void, we could really do with a brief video explaining the features, especially on how they interweave, some of which might seem rather obscure. Folks here have seriously upped Apple adapters sales because of STROM and it’s just a bit of shame we maybe not using this brilliant app to its full potential. Sorry if it sounds like nagging you, I’m not. Totally respect your wish to take a breather, just please give us a video so we can fuck off. Thank you very much

please don’t give us a manual, just chill out…

Hi Guys,

I’m sorry De wouzer, but, friendly, talk for yourself. :joy:
Some of users here are not in your “us” ! They need a manual or a tip video.
Totally agree with 4.33 above.
From 15 years doing something else, i come back to music - electronic/experimental one - and need some manual or vid, because, for example, i’ve a lot of things to learn - or remind - at the same time - not only in Elektron world - and have not easily all days longs to try and error for hours, specially for minor issues. Some littles things have change a bit since 15 years.
Of course i respect and love the work of Void as everyone here. And thank him very much, because it’s kind of release that sublimate an already fantastic hardware. This app is absolutely great, and was a reason more to get the Rytm. And i can easily understand the reasons Void give to take distance, and his honesty to talk about.
But otherwise, it is not a free app, 25 $ with the inapp : let’s be clear, it is not expensive for what it gives, and for the work needed. But, really, a manual or a intro vid should be in the package, to use this fine app in his all potential. It is not a big time, considering the two hard years building the code.

And i’m very happy for those who use it at first glance perfectly.

The best to Void, and to everybody :wink:

I don’t think Void spent two hard years building the code, mainly because the RYTM only came out about a year ago, and my brief dealings with Void made me think that he’s an uber-coder…I think the two years leading up to the release of Strom were difficult personal years…that’s my take on it, but I may be wrong.

I do speak for myself… Only thing… I don’t like it if someone says he needs some rest, people ask him ‘only to do one more thing’.

yeaaaaaaa!!!
boooooo :stuck_out_tongue:
well at least your still alive…
at this point i kinda forgot my questions