Stoked how bad Oppenheimer was

It was interesting and entertaining, but a bit too cheesy sometimes and overly melodramatic.

2 Likes

I feel like every big movie suffers from that description, itā€™s like if you donā€™t deliver the ā€œformula for the massesā€ in form of ā€œdramaā€ - you wonā€™t get the budget, and I think that it will only get worse with time. itā€™s a business and the studios donā€™t like losing moneyā€¦

4 Likes

Wow people are still complaining about the mix, that honestly baffles me. I had absolutely no problem with the audio.

3 Likes

Everyday we get further and further from Memento.

Last Nolan movie I saw was Interstellar, after that I just sorta tapped out.

5 Likes

And so you should be.

4 Likes

Might ā€œshit soundā€ now be very dependant where in the cinema you sit? Presumably most screens donā€™t have treated rooms. With an Atmos sound field interacting with room reflections, you could have all sorts of weird going on.

(Not an expert, just interested)

I donā€™t think Nolan tries to do a Mann kind of thing at all. Unless I completely zoned out during Michael Mann films and missed ā€¦ everything?

(For what itā€™s worth I love both Nolan and Villeneuve, and even the best Mann films never excite me)

2 Likes

Is Dolby Atmos really necessary for an immersive film experience? For such a serious subject as the atom bomb, I donā€™t knowā€¦ I was more interested in what the characters had to say to each other but I realize I am likely out of sync with greater society.

2 Likes

My metric for movies is simple:

I measure everything against The Shawshank Redemption. Itā€™s either better, worse, or on par with The Shawshank Redemption.

Its a popular movie. If you find yourself amongst circles praising a movie you didnā€™t like, just change the subject to how great The Shawshank Redemption is :grinning:

11 Likes

If memory serves you canā€™t say your theater is Dolby Atmos enabled unless they set the sound in the room themselves; itā€™s their gimmick. So you canā€™t just hang some speakers in a warehouse and say itā€™s Dolby Atmos, their engineers have to be involved and theyā€™re pretty critical of their spaces.

1 Like

so, long story short, youā€™re saying oppenheimer is a bomb.

9 Likes

Ha! Dammit! Only in hindsight is that pun so blatantly obvious!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s ā€¦ unfortunate!

His Batman trilogy is fantastic!!

3 Likes

memento is perdy gerd terr

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen it, add it to the list!

sooā€¦ Shawshank Redemptionā€¦ great mooviieeā€¦

3 Likes

Dunno, Iā€™ve never seen Shawshank

:wink:

2 Likes

Tattoo it on your chest as a reminder.

13 Likes