Stimming OT review

I think maybe the mods should create a new forum category for OT Sound Quality threads.

Then take off and nuke the entire site from orbit

9 Likes

Itā€™s the only way to be sure

2 Likes

Thatā€™s all i want. A safe space where we can discuss this topic until the end of time.

2 Likes

nah, there needs to be a Iā€™m sorry but Iā€™m gonna post my own music here instead of the post your own music thread forum catagory

stimming should have the power to lock his own threads my merely starting them

I thought you said ā€œstaringā€ :eyes:.
I think he has that power.

1 Like

Im feeling so triggered right now.

and other millenial internet forum phrases

I donā€™t get it? :thinking:

I think Elektron should create a whole new forum, dedicated to the Octatrackā€™s sound.
I like this sound(s):

8 Likes

Speedy J (Aka) Public Energy used the OT together with a 909, some FX, Traktor and a xone 96 for Unpolished 2020.
One of the best Sets i ever heard, to be found on Soundcloud.

Fuck Audiophile shittalk and make music <3

6 Likes

Neil Landstrumm? The guy clearly doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking about, in his FACT mag interview he said:

The Octatrack is a complex beast though and has a steep learning curve by any stretch. Itā€™s replacing Abelton live for my set-up and it sounds amazing straight out of the box.

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

The Octatrack sounds good if you use a cryogenically treated, oxygen free power cable, otherwise itā€™s garbage.

8 Likes

At least the OT sounds better than a Presonus audio interface :loopy:

2 Likes

Depends how you gain stage it.

2 Likes

at least he turned time stretch off it seems :joy:

2 Likes
1 Like

Iv Bought the OT several times. Always decide to ā€œjust use abletonā€

1 Like

I use it as master sometimes, but both MAIN and CUE outs are going back in my RME sound interface and I have DSP compression on that if I need to, which is my main use for the master track on the OT anyway. Iā€™m still somewhat of a beginner, mind you, and Iā€™m still experimenting a lot. But I find working with CUE outs configured in Studio mode very convenient, first because that method gives me faster control, less blinking LEDs on the OT, but also because I think SCENES donā€™t work on CUE outs in normal mode (which would make sense actually). What was the question again ? lol

The Boum is great, it brings 60% of the character on my drums. As for transitions, Iā€™m not sure what you mean, really depends on your approach of music I think. Iā€™m a Daft Punk guy at heart. These guys never bothered with transitions. And if you mean transitions between different tracks, Iā€™m not even there yet. But Iā€™m curious, how do you approach transitions ?

I ditched ableton for a Circuit.

I ditched a circuit for sanity
but weā€™ll see how redeemable the Rhythm is

1 Like

I just never got along with ableton. I would use anything else except.

1 Like