Stimming OT review

You cannot loop, sync or pitch. It’s makes no sense.
You cannot do nothing but recording.
You have confirmation biais.

2 Likes

It can be synced with timecode.
There is a paid upgrade to have DAW-like functions such as overdub and effects.

I’m not saying anything about the comparison, but it can do a bit more than just record.

I didnt said it is a sampler and only talking about the building blocks. It’s about the ‘bang for the buck’

Just exchange some parts and just look behind the sampler concept.

Also Elektron Analog Heat Stereo Sound Processor - musical instruments -...

Component costs and basic BOM aren’t that important to the total cost.

1 Like

Confirmation biais. You talk to yourself on many threads.

Workplace harassment. They sound like awful people. Vim users would never do that to a fellow human being.

5 Likes

I send all drums and percussions to CUE out and process that through a BOUM, can confirm it works wonders.

1 Like

I know this is resurrecting a post from a while back now, but did want to chime in on this. I don’t really get all the fuss about the “sound of the OT” as a problem. Earlier this week, I finally had a chance to set up all the audio routings (haven’t started any midi routings) between the OT, my new mixer and a bunch of my other stuff (synths and hardware effects). To my ears, there was really no difference at all between the direct audio coming out of my other synths and the output of those synths after having been either passed through or sampled into the OT. It was a very easy comparison to make. I just had to make sure that the “gain” applied to the OT output was identical (more or less) to the output of the other synths direct to the mixer’s main outputs. My mixer is new, very clean, and my studio monitors are also very clean. Maybe my “old” ears are not as acute as they once were, but I really expected to hear a difference (due to this and other threads here about OT sound quality) and couldn’t. So, the good news is, at least in terms of sound quality, I have zero concerns about the OT (now I just need to figure out how to use it to make music).

2 Likes

We need to close this thread too. Otherwise it will cause outrage and at least 739 more posts about OT sound quality. And we, the Elektronauts can’t have that, right? :slight_smile:

Agree, close this thread. Seeing his studio make’s some sense of understanding.

2 Likes

If by closing you mean lock the thread, I agree. Too much overlap between this thread and the other one that was just locked.

Or a new listening test between the I/O conversion of OTmkII vs Merging+Hapi mkII :wink:

3 Likes

So you dont use T8 as master?
This Sounds super interesting. Do you resample the Main out for transitioning then? Just got a boom and I’d like to send the drums through it but leave the synth samples clean

1k HERE WE GOOOOO

4 Likes

To the moon! :rocket:

1 Like

I used to say Lock the thread all the time too, but then one day I started saying don’t Lock the thread and everything changed.

It’s easy to say to lock these kind of subjects. I was hoping more about a sound quality comparison between different kind (vintage/new or cheap/expensive) of hardware samplers. Maybe this could be done by a music tech magazine, with listening examples.

For me this subject is more about Elektron next gen. sampling, because the OT is history for me.

That would make for a great thread actually. Why not kick it off yourself with some examples from different bits of gear? I’m sure there’s enough techy people on here who would contribute with examples from their own gear.

1 Like