Stimming OT review

Sound quality - talking a bit of BS there, I did tests against other samplers, the OT fares very well.

28 Likes

Actually they are not. It is because the first 8 trigs are track trigs for the audio tracks (when set to plays free) and the last 8 trigs are sample slot trigs, in midi mode the last 8 trigs trig the midi tracks if set to plays free, and the first 8 trig the audio tracks if plays free, where I think it gets confusing is the panel text which simply says midi trigs under 9-16 when it should really say midi track trigs.

10 Likes

He covered a lot of territory without much hesitation.

Also pulling the CF card has never crashed the OT on me in 10 years, it simply reloads when you put it back in, but I suppose that does not really suit his irreverent style of review.

5 Likes

It even appeared that his OT was doing just that (reloading project). So, he was either rushing, or attempting to make a point about machine crashes. 2 in a few years is probably pretty good, all things considered.

He’s such an emotional person. His reviews are always great and full of lovely character, even when he gets stuff wrong. Everything he said about sets / projects / parts is totally wrong: there are 4 parts per bank (he said 4 per project), the sample list is per project (he says it’s per set), and it’s totally possible to load any audio file to the project (he says something strange about having to link it to the set somehow) :slight_smile:

But Stimming has a point with the audio editor loop count display. I complained about it myself in Finding exact start/end/loop point in audio editor, there is really no workaround for this one in the OT!

8 Likes

Regarding sound quality (and I’m sure this has been beat like a dead horse), I had some concerns when I first got my OT. However, once I properly staged the gain, I ran several synths through my mixer (1 send straight to speakers, other send to OT, back to mixer to speakers). Couldn’t hear any difference at all.

And yes, having a heat at the end the output makes the OT pop like a soda can!

9 Likes

What’s the most impactful to use when mastering an OT track in your opinion?

Analog Heat

6 Likes

the important thing is that he doesn’t peel the screen film off… fin

9 Likes

cos of the brightness though, I feel that. I sold my DT because it gave me migraines

I sold my Digitakt once too, because I was crazy but after proper rest and relaxation I quickly acquired another one.

6 Likes

I use a MK1, no screen protector. #secretsauce

4 Likes

Has anyone any comparisons videos with the Analogue Heat and Octatrack before and after? Ive found a few on youtube and it seems genuinely richer and warmer in texture.

This is a basic example. A simple Loop from the OT AE Content (Headless Horseman DRLoop24) pass through the Enhancement Circuit, with a little Dirt (86) and matched Levels.

Edit : do you want it in the Round Fuzz Circuit?

A simple Loop from the OT AE Content (Headless Horseman DRLoop24) pass through the Round Fuzz Circuit, with a little Dirt (86) and matched Levels.

A simple Loop from the OT AE Content (Headless Horseman DRLoop24) pass through the High Gain Circuit, with a little Dirt (86) and matched Levels.

9 Likes

G*D Dammit!

I don’t need an AH. I don’t need an AH. I don’t need an AH. I don’t need an AH. I don’t need an AH. I don’t need an AH. I don’t need an AH. I don’t need an AH. I don’t need an AH. I don’t need an AH. I don’t need an AH. I don’t need an AH. I don’t need an AH. I don’t need an AH. I don’t need an AH.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

11 Likes

Oh look (rolls eyes) there’s one IN STOCK 15 minutes from my front door

:crazy_face:

9 Likes

correct. you need a BOUM instead. then you don’t need to sacrifice track eight just to get a compressor, and you get a saturation device.

6 Likes

nah, that’s what the 2nd OT is for.
Unknown

34 Likes

once again i get convinced that OT’s been brought by aliens and still isn’t understood by Earth population fully. parts is among most genious things about OT and it’s so underrated, was surprised Stimming barely uses it.

5 Likes