Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Indeed. And now this handling will affect Elektron sales as well as word spreads.

1 Like

Can you elaborate what the big bump is? Latency issues? Sound quality problems? If it’s because of hardware limitations, no amount of software development is going to fix it I’m afraid.

In software development, sometimes it’s good to accept a project is not a success and dedicate resources on something new instead.

1 Like

There is alot of energy here and i bet it could be put to great use helping!!!

I would love to beta this…we would love to beta to give you the feedback you kneed to make it happen…

I have a complex set up using a Yamaha N12 desk that the audio driver doesnt alow other devises to work along side them. But my access virus has its TI working over 3 usb stereo channels no probs…come on…open up Elektron we want the same thing…!!!

Let us contribute to the expidition of the realisation if the outcome.!!!

1 Like

Yeah great idea. I’m in

6 Likes

Funny I feel like Homer Simpson learning Elekton gear!

2 Likes

“But Jesus looked at them and said, With men it is impossible, but not with Overbridge; for with Overbridge all things are possible.”

Mark 10:27

2 Likes

Mark 10 (Mark X)? Are you from the very far future? Overbridge working there?

You should send this in a mail to Elektron directly so they don’t miss it. “hey guys, if it’s hardware related, software won’t fix it!”. I’m sure they
didn’t think of that! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry mate, couldn’t resist.

I think Elektron should give all frustrated customers free ice cream every day until it comes out to rectify the situation. Pizza too.

6 Likes

Obviously some have escaped the collective. Alert the hive. Digitone them.
images (3)

1 Like

Good point about timing. Some of us ordered DT in April 2017. Also to the sell and move on people. If i’d sell it at this point it would be with the biggest loss ever. One year unused… the market is flooded with these things in Norway

1 Like

Well, they obviously haven’t thought about everything seeing as the project has been a failure so far.

Some hardware issues can actually be helped with clever workarounds in software side, but in many cases it won’t work and is not worth the time and effort.

One interesting option would be to release OB in its current state as open source and let the community try to help solve the issues with it.

1 Like

Overbridge is tied to the boxes’ OS, so that’s a no go for them. Also, Open source tend to make developpement much slower, for various reasons, so that wouldn’t actually help at all.

3 Likes

Sorry 4 all,
but this is honestly how it feels to me!

1 Like

I don’t get it?

They’re a niche synth company having software coding troubles and not the best pr…
Comparing them to the global axis of evil seems a stretch… :joy::joy:
I keep saying just putting gas in your car is supportting extremely worse things than buying a DT… :smile:
Nobody seems to care about that…

8 Likes

Going to my ouija board to find the release date then

1 Like

Really? I’ve seen like four on Finn in the last six months. Would love a cheap second DT :smiley:

Not sure what makes you think open source makes development shorter, especially when discussing OB. It’s closed source and see where that has got us?

Not sure how my experience is related to the discussion, are you trying to somehow undermine my comments validity? But if you must know, personally I don’t contribute to open source projects. I only code closed source because I do it for my employer and I choose to spend my free time for doing other things than coding. But naturally I use plenty of open source software and I think I know what it means (and I can always look it up on wikipedia if I forget).

I snagged one of them for a sweet sweet price. Seems like a few people are dropping them due to lack of overbridge support.

2 Likes