Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

I just want to say it’s almost Tuesday, can we lighten up a bit (to the sticks in the mud)?

Hey, what’s brown and sticky?

A Stick!!!

9 Likes

So… has the beta started already? How does OB2 look and work in its current state?

Latest update is here

I haven’t received an invite but I assume the beta testers will have to sign a NDA or similar, so I am not sure if this kind of information will be found in this forum :open_mouth:

Really? I would understand NDA if it was a private beta (which has probably been going on for some time already) but they have publicly announced this beta for their normal customers so it would make sense to let people tell about how well OB2 works and even post videos etc in Youtube about it.

According to some folks on the Digitakt Facebook group, testing has begun. First round is for Windows 10 users (for the most part) and no NDA. A reply from Olle in the comments:

We wrote the following in the Welcome Letter regarding this:
“As a member of the beta team you are being trusted not to forward the software to others and be humble in your communication. You are not under a non-disclosure agreement but we kindly ask that you state very clearly that the release is in a beta stage in your communication with others.”

3 Likes

But it is a private beta, because not everyone who wants can freely join. Just anouncing it via a public forum doesn’t make it public.

2 Likes

Just ignore it :slight_smile: I said I assume that because I know if from other beta tests… a.colella30 has the right answer :slight_smile:

Yes, feel free to talk about it. I’ve heard that one of the testers might be planning a video as well.

10 Likes

Closed beta is different than private/internal beta. Though the terms can be used differently by different people I guess…

Am I missing something or is no one talking about it?

Dave Mech has a video up on YouTube talking about the first phase of the beta testing.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw it but that’s it? Nobody here to share their experiences with the beta on Windows?

There isn’t much to share beyond that really. There’s a dedicated topic for beta testers which is pretty quiet as well at the moment. Consider it good news :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ve checked out the driver for audio streaming on my secondary Windows machine with Ableton Live 10 and it does what it says on the box. Latency is significantly improved over OB 1. At this point there’s neither a macOS driver nor any of the plugins. Overall I’m a lot more optimistic with regards to things coming together in the end than I used to be until a few weeks ago, I also expect it’ll be a while until we see the full OB suite, plugins and all.

6 Likes

what they said I reckon - probably no-one’s talking about it much because basically it works.
DaveMech’s video really covers it very well!

1 Like

If it works, why is it not released to everyone?

well it’s just the Windows driver - not the Mac Driver or the plug in.

And there are bug reports from some people - fixing those is the whole point of the beta testing I guess.
I should have said “for a lot of people the bit being tested works”

have edited, because I can see the way I put it could be a bit enraging considering the wait. my mistake.

I am sure there are plenty of Windows users that would be happy with a working Windows driver.

Stirring things up again in another thread? You’re pretty trollish dude. The driver is in beta testing, and OB will be released to everyone before long.

1 Like