Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Not at all. I just make music elsewhere. On my modular and my computer.

What did you do to it?

2 Likes

All I wanted to say (English isnā€™t my native language so itā€™s not that easy for me to express exactly what I mean) is, that the ā€œfirst world problemsā€ argument can be applied anytime youā€™re concerned over something. Therefore itā€™s just not a valid argument.

Am I not allowed to be frustrated over something only because I was lucky enough to be born in a western country?

1 Like

Dude, youā€™re absolutely donā€™t get. Again, itā€™s not about that your music will be the hot shit only because you use Overbridge.

Itā€™s just the fact that Overbridge speeds up my workflow, therefore I chose Elektron gear. If my music is hot or not is absolutely irrelevant and none of your business.

I use the Digitone on a daily basis. I like the box but iā€™ll really love it as soon as Iā€™m able to stream all tracks individually and process them inside my DAW in real-time. Itā€™s just a workflow thing,whatā€™s so hard to understand?

1 Like

Exactly. These apologist arguments are just ridicules. To me at least, statements made by the likes of Massornament are very offensive. Assuming a whole bunch of things about people who want Overbridge and their ability to make music. I wonder if these people in general accept more than a year of delay on advertised functionality for the products they buy.

3 Likes

Yeah, I donā€™t understand the whataboutery regarding Overbridge here. Itā€™s not anything to do with whether you personally consider Overbridge to be important or necessary, or whether one can make music (good or otherwise) without it: itā€™s about Overbridge being a feature that a lot of people do want, and expected to be able to use when they bought the machine (or soon afterwards).

People have planned setups around it, theyā€™ve sold other gear and spent money on new gear that now doesnā€™t do what they were expecting. Release windows have been promised and missed and itā€™s still not resolved. The complaints are valid.

8 Likes

I planned my workflow around OB when I bought an A4 in 2014 (it was ā€˜nearly readyā€™ at the time) and itā€™s not come to fruition. Thatā€™s a total ball ache.

I still make music obviously (of a standard good enough to get paid for it) but the Elektrons donā€™t get used because the results arenā€™t worth the extra time and effort.
At the moment theyā€™re a fun but severely overpriced toy because theyā€™re not working as advertised so I just jam with them.

Workflow/integration is of huge importance in any creative process, people are fully justified in their irritation about this and it doesnā€™t mean they lack musical chops, itā€™s because they were deceived (intentionally or not).

7 Likes

Or maybe that means itā€™s always a valid argument and is such a serious thing it shouldnā€™t just be swept under the rug because it always applies, it actually does always apply and shouldnā€™t be dismissedā€¦

I consider myself extremely fortunate to have Elektron gear, access to clean water and food, a car, clothes, etcā€¦ I donā€™t even have a house right now and still consider myself extremely fortunateā€¦

I donā€™t believe in the economy, consumerism, and the general state of the mainstream world as a whole. This planet needs changeā€¦ It starts by acknowledging the real issuesā€¦

Even if said company says this and doesnā€™t do it in time, itā€™s a trivial matter in the state of the world and following a system that is corrupt to begin withā€¦

Many of us just get tired of the fueled with negativity entitled vibes, some of us arenā€™t saying the complaints arenā€™t valid, but offering ways to maintain happy and productive and not let your emotions go downhill based on the state of external circumstances. Every external thing is out of ones control, the only thing we have control of is ourselves and our outlook on life. I for one remain happy through all of this because I donā€™t let external circumstances that are out of my control affect my emotional balance.

In the scope of things even if people straight lost the entire amount of money that the product costs(which wouldnā€™t happen because they can sell it) itā€™s still of the most trivial minor problems in the state of the world todayā€¦ Thereā€™s people at Elektron too, they donā€™t have to be seen in the light of a modern company and therefore allow all manner of entitled demanding to be placed on them, they can be treated as people. The longer we keep this system going and separation of people with emotions and ā€œcompaniesā€, the longer we prolong any sort of advancement of the species as a whole towards cooperation and healingā€¦

I try to be part of the solution and not part of the problem. I understand why people feel the way they do and honestly am not judging anyone. Weā€™re brought up in this mess with no guidance and its natural people act the way they do, but at some point it should be contemplated if this really is the best state of affairs for the earth and the human race at large, and hopefully the issues will be seen and at least baby steps can be made to start moving forward, and not simply dismissing the issues and sweeping them under the rugā€¦

Again Iā€™m really not judging anyone, weā€™re all equals and itā€™s obvious to me how people can feel the way we do. My wish is for people to be be happy and live long fruitful lives, to respect all other people and help each other, recognize weā€™re not doing the best we can, and encourage taking at least baby steps towards a more compassionate and non harmful manner of living for us allā€¦

17 Likes

Iā€™ll just add that there are majorly bad corporations out there destroying the planet and milking us all, we should stand together and rise up against them, itā€™s just Elektron doesnā€™t seem to fall into that category for meā€¦

7 Likes

ā€œoffering ways to maintain happy and productive and not let your emotions go downhill based on the state of external circumstances.ā€

Iā€™m looking at second hand MPCs right now.

:wink:

2 Likes

A short term solution that works well is using an audio splitter from Radio Shack to separate all audio eight tracks going into the DAW.

I completely agree with everything you wrote. 1000% percent.

Iā€™m trying hard to be a decent human being. Wherever I can I avoid everything associated with Nestle. Iā€™m vegetarian for years because of moral values. I buy bread at the small bakery across the street and not the mass produced shit at the supermarket. I spend money for sea shepherd and other organizations.

I know Iā€™m lucky but the ways of the world are out of my control.

Am I still allowed to be pissed because of broken promises regarding Overbridge?

1 Like

Yes you are allowed to feel however you want and I consider myself no better than you as we are all equals here and I completely respect you and everyone else on hereā€¦

Thanks for recognizing what I wrote outā€¦ Iā€™m not trying to make people feel bad or judge anyone, I just have a personality thatā€™s compelled to say these thingsā€¦

4 Likes

ā€œThe future will be better tomorrowā€ Dan Quayle

4 Likes

Well your avatar makes way more sense now! Thanks for spreading light.
As for OB, I hope it comes sooner rather than laterā€¦ my digitone crave grows, but I can only purchase after knowing I can multitrack it (sold a blofeld because of this recently)

1 Like

I just have a personality thatā€™s compelled to say these thingsā€¦

This is called virtue signaling, in case youā€™re curious https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue_signalling

Or I just honestly care for us allā€¦

1 Like

Howā€™s anyone supposed to say anything about bringing goodness to humanity if it will get negated to thatā€¦
Maybe I chose the wrong words saying ā€œmy personalityā€ it was maybe sort of defense so I donā€™t get attackedā€¦

People who stand for compassion, peace, and equality, yes equality as in we are all equal, are used to being told to shut up, be silenced, or have their statements picked to shreds to be negated in anyway possible, it doesnā€™t change our outlookā€¦

So I wish you the best, honestly if I wanted to fit in more or prop myself up, I probably wouldnā€™t say such thingsā€¦ I speak from my heartā€¦

9 Likes

Howā€™s anyone supposed to say anything about bringing goodness to humanity if it will get negated to that

Well, Iā€™d say one of the biggest tragedies of our world is that both genuinely decent folks but also people with ulterior motives use this same rhetoric- History is riddled with examples.

At the end of the day I guess you just need to know people personally and then you can take their measure based on their actions, not based on what they profess on a drum sampler product support forum.

1 Like