Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

No they will just make mid tier products that get them more profit. Which I’m all for. The complication of the top of the line models isn’t for everyone. Digitakt was probably one of the best things to happen to the company financially, when though it was the beginning of the loss of their credibility with all the bugs, lack of overbridge and qc issues.

a) Potentially it already is…

b) Core solution that can be applied to any product, and the asset can be leveraged, provides it a long tail / ROI

2 Likes

Shake, shake, paradigm!

1 Like

imagehttps://media.tenor.com/images/7246a171a7a06906a15617ddee8e7c07/tenor.gif

1 Like

I get all the complaints about OB timeline being off, but am surprised by those who cant bring themselves to use their devices because of it - they are still very capable and you can still use/learn/practice any of them until OB is available. Maybe it’s an opportunity to try some straight stereo recordings. It could be an opportunity to learn better how to mix and perform on the device without multitracking. It could be an opportunity to challenge yourself make an entire track with just one sound on one device. It could be an opportunity to throw your arms up in frustration and do absolutely nothing. You have a choice of how to react to the situation - you can be angry and make music.

13 Likes

Let’s hope this is the case and it’s lost in translation. The comment sounded and felt a tad arrogant.

Can you produce death metal with Elektrons :thinking:

2 Likes

Ok just a recap on the current Overbridge situation as announced by Elektron.
Think I got the gist of it
Simon says they are thinking of scrapping Overbridge, but Cenk says no even though the project will take infinity time :joy:

1 Like

how is open_mike’s comment in anyway an ‘SJW’ comment?

open_mike provided statistical information regarding the economic reality for a group of folks.

which if i were to read into it a bit more, i think what they’re trying to get at is that y’all are a bunch of spoiled entitled brats that can’t show a shred of restraint when considering the over abundance of high quality electronic gear that y’all can afford, but still manage to produce shit music, all while having enough time to vent your frustrations on the company run forum.

Having Overbridge compatibility today versus in a few months is likely not going to make you a better musician. Figure out a work around till then?

Mate you are so wrong
My music is going to sound so sik and phat when OB is released

6 Likes

Wow! You live with that inside you?

1 Like

No one is saying thier music isn’t shit…they just would like to produce more shit with more efficacy…or defficacy if i were a smart arse…

4 Likes

I tried OB on my AR (MKI oc) and AH and must say: it’s nice

but to be able to put together shitty music, I do not rely on that.

with or without.

I mostly try not to be rude but all this whinery about broken promises sucks so much. just return/get rid of the units and move on or learn these darn things an rock. or don’t. or do. or whatever. But do not waste your time complaining about it over and over /stop rant mode

OB works. That’s a fact. Just not for the new boxes yet. I am confident that Elektron is going to get it working for you, maybe not until 21st of May as @Ryan states, but they will get it done.

So get yourself out of your whinery and start making great music - you can multritrack the shiut out of it later and t´do all of this vst flickery you obviously need bc you did not learn to adapt to the options you have at hand. /stop rant again darn it.

pls do not feel offended, take a time out to think about this.

ok, out.

1 Like

have you thought about a career in PR? i believe Elektron currently have a vacancy. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

they got more than just PR vacancy :woman_farmer:

It’s called negative association. Whenever I look at my Elektron gear, I’m reminded of my frustrations and it hinders my ability to create.

1 Like

All I know is one person better have a top fkn seller after this shit comes out if not this is hilarious

4 Likes

comment 5000k over-bridge is released elektron waiting now for hot records

that sounds utterly defeatist. if you get frustrated and dissuaded to create from just looking at a your gear, then you’re probably into music for the wrong reasons; liking the idea of being a musician more than actually working with what you have to create.

That’s wild my OT inspired me to cut open my old apc40 today modify it to control the OT instead of trashing it …its only alive because of my elektron gear

2 Likes