Status update on Digitakt OS

Half the price, and I’ll get one next week :upside_down_face:

1 Like

770 Euros on release, 600 Euros a couple of months later. I wonder why…

1 Like

3 Likes

Thanks for the update but I’m disappointed. I know software is finicky so I’m not disappointed with Elektron per say but I was really looking forward to it. Was hoping to really incorporate the Digitakt into my workflow over my break from work but the pattern switching bug means I still can’t use it to write a song with other gear.

It’s unusable with the Octatrack. People are just getting into the game via the Digitakt and it could easily tarnish their view (and future purchases) of Elektron gear.

7 Likes

Also, tell us more about the new

13 Likes

This would be kinda funny to me if I didnt sell a whole bunch of gear that the DT was intended to replace. I mean… I guess it kinda is still… whole thing smells of short term thinking tbh

1 Like

ouf, happy to hear of an update as opposed to silence.

i recently changed my midi setup and have been getting consistent freezes which i assume have to do with incoming midi messages that the DT doesn’t like.

oh well, i suppose i can handle 30min jams on the DT before having to reset until y’all finalize an update.

1 Like

please not just bugfixes…disapointed anyway

1 Like

Why? They should get what they already have out working properly bf they dangle the carrot again with another incomplete box.

Have you ever used the Akai MPC 2000 or Ensoniq ASR-X in the late 90’s, or even the new Korg Electribes? Nobody updates their gear like Elektron does. Your expectations are unrealistic imo. I think the communication here is inarguably a step in the right direction.

16 Likes

it’s not great news, but at least they’re giving us news and i would definitely like them to release an update that tackled both bugs/new features.

anyhoo, it would be nice if they gave us a more specific timeline as opposed to just “the beginning of the year,” but i’ll take what i can get.

thanks elektron for keeping us in the loop!

1 Like

Let’s hope that your NAMM announcements are that you are going to double down on OS and software.

Mine has been in its box since I bought it. Waiting for stability and OB. Thought it would have been here this month and it’s been put away for almost 2 months now. Bit annoyed but hopefully all worth it

Haven’t bought a DT yet (probably will in the new year) but really do appreciate the news on development. Good on ya Elektron.

Fully agree…better any news, than no news on this topic. If Elektron needs more time, fine for me. Better good quality and less bugs, than a hasty update with new major bugs.

1 Like

Thanks for the news.

However, it’s a bit disappointing. As is, the DT is great for the studio. However, for it to be taken to the stage you really have to sort freezes with midi out…

1 Like

Disappointing but if it needs more time, it needs more time. Looking forward to 2018 with all this hardware out of the way and software under the microscope

1 Like

Im guessing with Overbridge Mk2 there will be a combined Analog Heat/Digitrak mode that will allow you to do stereo sampling at 48K 24 bit using Heat A/D D/A and Digitrak mode for sound design.You need both hardware plugged in.
You could export the finished result to Octatrack format 44.1khz in stereo or Digitak format 48KHZ mono for standalone mode :slight_smile:

You guys seem a bit overextended… best wishes to the guys grinding the dev work for 3 mk2 devices, plus the Digitakt and Analog Heat. It’s not your fault.

3 Likes

Yeah, I feel so silly I payed 770€ to be a beta tester and to have a buggy device 6 months after release… Lesson learned though…