Starting Arpeggiator with trig ( as opposed to MIDI IN )

is the track muted ? (or plays free)

PS what is being triggered ?

1 Like

You didn’t mentioned Arp Mode > select 1 mode different from off.
Note page LEN = INF (or 1/1 :wink:)

Otherwise it is the right procedure, with a new project, nothing else modified.

@xenosapien, 1 note suffice to make arp work ! :wink:

3 Likes

I think this is a case of when meeting someone in the corridor is better than doing so on the web! First, thanks for all of your suggestions. The track is not muted. While I wish there were an online animated Octatrack OS to compare setups, I suppose all I can do is list:

• Press MIDI to enter MIDI mode
NOTE VEL LEN
C3 100 1
NOT2 NOT3 NOT4
0 0 0
  • Press FUNC + SRC for MIDI NOTE SETUP
CHAN BANK PROG
1 OFF OFF
  • Press FUNC + AMP for MIDI ARP SETUP and set to
TRAN LEG MODE
0 OFF TRUE
SPD RNGE N/LEN
8 10CT 1/16
  • Press FUNC + ARROW UP as needed to enter chromatic mode
  • Pressing multiple TRIG keys starts the arpeggiator correctly
  • Press REC to ready the OT to input notes
  • Press TRIG1 to enter it ( RED )
  • Press PLAY: a MIDI note plays, but ARPEGGIATOR does not respond

This is the point at where that I am stuck. Modifications to NOT2/3/4 make no difference. Long pressing T1 and doing the same makes no difference.

I must be missing something very very basic here…

1 Like

Thank you xenosapien! I don’t believe it. Through all of the tweaking, though I would have sworn I had already done it… setting it to a full bar did the trick. Solved. Thanks!

2 Likes

suggested early on BTW !

1 Like

What are you setting in Arp Setup?
10 octaves range !
Speed 8 is a weird setting.
Elektron speed units are weird actually.
3 6 9 12 18 24…are more logical, 6 being 16th, 12 being 8th, etc.

You got your thanks too avantronica.

1 Like

Yes LEN = 1 is very short. I also suggested INF, @xenosapien 1/1, which is not 1!

1 Like

And so did you sezare56! Ha ha ha. Much appreciated.

And @xenosapien! You read between lines maybe. :wink:

1 Like

no thanks needed, none of us help for the gratitude, it’s just a reminder to reflect that people really do try to help by making suggestions and filling in the gaps - it’s easier to ask the right questions when you know the answer sometimes - it’s a machine that needs a good workout periodically to keep the concepts fresh

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more! Thanks.

1 Like

I like it! :smile:
I mostly answered to learn OT, now to master it. I’m very selfish. :loopy:

@Illogical my turn to thank you, when I woke up I read your question, and thought about realtime sync arp workarounds :
Here is one! (Maybe other possibilities with midi processor an midi plays free)

1 Like

I wasn´t try to accuse you, sorry - I was stating what I thought was happening - I thought you had not read them.

Apologies for assuming - I was wrong.

And I know how frustrating it can be when you think you´re doing everything right, and then somebody “explains” to you what they are doing (right) and you just can´t see where you´re going wrong.

No worries, I´m neither mad at you and I have actually been in your shoes several times before myself. :wink:

@sezare56 correct, 1 note trig would work as well, though I always feel that that shouldn´t count as an “arpeggio” :stuck_out_tongue:

@avantronica I think it actually took the combined brainpower of 3+ people to get out of this haha. that´s the octatrack for you, hm? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Don’t worry about it xenosapien! We’ve all walked in those shoes at some point. All is good and the arp is wicked fun :grin:

1 Like

This thread worked out so nice, problem solved, everybody happy and communicating. Thats why i keep coming back to this place.:panda_face:

1 Like

Retrig if you wish, btw it is great for retrig with envelope, midi loopback. :wink: