Standalone Maschine+

There is a beta for maschine software with autosampling and i assume that it will also port to the M+

3 Likes

Nice to hear, I was using mpc beats to auto sample and then porting to m+ my nice pianos, but an all in one solution is more than welcome ! :smiley:
Not to mention, not having to set loop xfade sample by sample…

1 Like

forgot her name but she uses everything, not just maschine, its good for ni to embrace people like that

1 Like

New stability-focused 1.3.2 update incoming.

MASCHINE+ 1.3.2
Whilst MASCHINE+ 1.3.2 mostly contains underlying technical and stability improvements to Native OS, there are also some small user-facing benefits. These are as follows:

• This update will include the latest Factory Library, fixing the falsely added Tag “Fix!”
  • Users will also be able to deploy the license information of third party packages used in the MASCHINE+ operating system to the SD cards

Firmware Update
In addition to the above, we are working hard to address the previously reported issues with the MIDI IN behaviour of MASCHINE+. These changes are not part of the MASCHINE+ 1.3.2 update, but will be made available via a firmware update (an installer that is run on a computer with MASCHINE+ connected via USB) in the coming weeks.

MIDI IN changes will also be included in a future MASCHINE+ system update (date TBC).

Plus looks like Maschine 1.4 is coming fairly soon.

2 Likes

I hope this resolves the issue I’ve been having with my maschine software the past couple day. Software opens but the GUI is inaccessible

1 Like

Man, Native Access is the pits today

I’ve never used Maschine. But I do have an extensive background with MPCs. My local Guitar Center has a used Maschine+ for $900. They specifically say it does not come with the software. If I bought it, could I just download it over the air? Or am I going to have issues trying to register it with NI?

Also, I was thinking about getting it for the synths. are they worth it?

You cannot sell any native hardware controller without associated software,they are tied together. I would be quite suspicious about this sale…

2 Likes

Thanks. That was my fear.

I BELIEVE that the software automatically comes when you register your device. I’ll see if I can find documentation online for ya

I swear I remember seeing it somewhere, but can’t find it.

If you want to be sure and not miss anything, I would recommend buying it from GC- They have a quality 2nd hand return policy. See if you can actually get the software for it(because I SWEAR I remember seeing that they didn’t require license transfer anymore) if you can’t get the software then return it

I may try that. How are the synths on it? Have you ever used the MPC’s synths? How do they compare?

I’ve bought and sold a number of NI pieces of hardware including the M+.

You only get one serial number to register the device and software. They are intrinsically linked. Unless they plan to sell without that serial then you’ll get the software with this purchase. I don’t believe it’ll work properly without the serial to be honest.

The software part is their carrot that they dangle to eventually make you cave and buy Komplete!

So if someone else already registered it and then traded it in at Guitar Center, I can still go in and register the serial number of the device (again) myself?

I’ve never used an MPC outside of a 2500 years ago.

NI synths are quite vast but some of the many parameters aren’t accessible from the controller, also there’s rarely any INIT patches, but from the onboard synths- its capable of wildly different sounds.

FM isn’t too deep
Physical modeling is impressively configurable
Analog modeling has ever parameter

The synths sound good, the only issue worth mentioning is how well one can interact with them

1 Like

Damn, you’ve been around for a WHILE! :wink:

3 Likes

Even in the days of music just being banging on a rock I STILL couldn’t get an audience… :frowning:

2 Likes

The previous user needs to request a licence release, making it avaliable for a new registration.
If maschine 2 is registered in another ni access account, there is no way you’ll be able to get the software…Ni access is the first thing you setup when you turn the m+ for the first time. It will check which product you own.

1 Like

Correct.

I’m amazed they think they can sell this for $900 without a serial. Worth chatting to them I guess to confirm if that really is the case.

I bought/sold the + in pretty much as new condition for £650. That seems in the $900 ball park. Without the software to fully utilise the unit then I don’t think it’s worth half that to be honest.

If it was really really cheap, you could get yourself the Maschine software through buying an old Mk1 or something though I guess

1 Like

To clarify, I wouldn’t plan on ever connecting this to a computer. I would use it completely standalone.