Standalone Maschine+

When I turn the unit off, some button lights remain lit. Only visible in a dark room.

Is this normal?

These lights remain lit:

MUTE Choke
LOCK Ext Lock
Sampling
MACRO Set
1 led from the touch strip

The red power button blinks.

that’s just Richie Hawtin tidying up for the night, he lives inside the maschine+

4 Likes

Funny, I also hear plastik rattling inside when I play the pads. Didn’t happen on my MK3. The 4D encoder did rattle a bit on the MK3, but this is different. The pads wiggle more too. Apart from the knobs (sturdiness), this actually feels like a step backwards a bit :neutral_face:

The Maschine Plus also has the same jumpy encoder issue as the MK3. For which I was afraid of (see earlier posts).

All in all, this is far from being worth more than a thousand euro’s. It’s again Chinese NI garbage. They just cannot build quality stuff.

1 Like

have you thought to try another unit, maybe switch it out

I only have one unit. Or what do you mean?

So but are the lights normal?
It’s only visible in a super dark room. I only noticed today when I turned off the room lights, and passed by the M+ in the dark because I forgot something.

I haven’t heard of that, but I’m sure echo opera will see your post, I bet he’d check it out on his

what I meant was have you tried another unit to see if the quality was better

I dunno.
No crashes.
No rattling.
No hums.
Just sweet sequencing over here. :wink:
U2?

If no one catches the reference i will shake my head and walk away to Joshua Tree :two_hearts:

2 Likes

It’s a beautiful day when I get a reference

2 Likes

:thinking:

With the following picture I show you the buttons that remaim lit:
(The light above the touch strip is most visible)

I disconnected the power supply for 24 hours and now when turned off, the lights go out. Strange… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Richie hawtin knows we’re on to him, don’t let him get away :robot:

Curious if there is a trigger latency while hitting pads? If yes, how bad is it?

I don´t consider myself a good finger drummer at all but i really like to do it. I feel a bit of latency but i don´t think it gets in the way. Never tried the old Mpcs so i can´t compare. In the specs i think it its round trip 8.7 ms (or is it 87?).

That little looper audio latency annoys me a bit. The pad latency not at all.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

The buffer size is I think 64 samples.
You can check the total latency in settings. It’s quite high compared to old MPC’s. And sometimes it cracks like a computer. The Plus is basically Linux in a pimped MK3 case

It’s 8,7 milliseconds:-) Not 87, luckily

yes, that :rofl:

It seems that Maschine software and Maschine + might be getting autosampling (very) soon :slight_smile:

5 Likes

they need all the help they can get, I’m hoping their new consultant overthere helps them out

New consultant? Im curious :slight_smile:

That would be amazing. Can I ask where you heard this? Or any more more other info about it.