Standalone Maschine+

You could hook up a Tascam Model mixer and connect all the analog gear to mixer, then you have access to all those channels inside Maschine and sample from it. I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

okay thanks

Yes you can do that.

This is my plan. I have a model 24

1 Like

I presume you can convert clips to a pattern?

No. Not yet. I mean you can copy the contents and paste into a clip.

1 Like

I got mine from SamAsh. Have been testing a ton of custom Reaktor stuff.

Honeymoon period and all but this is by far the best standalone groovebox I’ve ever used. I adore this thing.

3 Likes

you can make 256 bar patterns… so yes one giant scene can be a jam session…

you just cant record mutes and solos

1 Like

So my dream kit is the Deluge sequencer, with the Prophet 12 synth, the Digitakt’s sample engine for character and voice, and Chase Bliss effects for flavour.

How close is the Maschine to that? :blush:

this groovebox would probably cost 3k or more :slightly_smiling_face:
without having used most of them I would speculate:
Deluge sequenzer - not very close. It‘s more about fingerdrumming, live playing. You can step sequence but that‘s certainly not a strength of maschine
fx - not very close. Pretty bread and butter
Digitakt sample engine - I would say better and deeper, might be even more immediate. One of its key features
Prophet 12 - Not as hands on. Hard to create patches from scratch. But with the available synths much more flexible regarding sounds

4 Likes

I’d pay the price if it was real, tho :blush:

As far as sampling goes, it’s not so much the features as the actual vibe the Digitakt puts out. Deluge is a bit plain for samples, Toraiz is clean and DJ sheen, Volca Sample is dirrrty, and so on.

How would one describe the Maschine character in this regard?

as it looks we have Reaktor OTB standalone, dont like the fx, roll your own :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I‘d love to learn it. But I have to make music in my spare time unfortunately :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

there will always be the one gal/guy who does the dirty patching job, so we can concentrate on the fun part . Last time i checked the Reaktor library it was around 5678 items / macros / ens etc. so a lot to explore :grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not gonna give this a go. I’ll just keep messing with wires and cables and patching and stuff, and bide my time.

I truly believe there is a Sequential sampler and drum synth around the corner:)

1 Like

It‘s here, but iam at work :joy: just a few hours to go.

9 Likes

Could you see if you can currently run other Komplete plugins like for example the Replika delay on M+ if you own them?

If it’s not working yet I hope NI will port some more NI effects from Komplete over in future like: Replika, Driver and Supercharger…

2 Likes

have fun :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Im guessing we are going to see NI start flogging / converting over many of their pluggins to Maschine+ (Lite) format

1 Like