Standalone Maschine+

So, I just bought one. Thomann.de has them in stock at the moment… never tried the Maschine workflow, but videos look promising. Will report back soon…

5 Likes

You can run raw ensembles and Kontakt nki’s, but not the prepackaged Komplete stuff yet. No Kontakt play series or locked instruments.

1 Like

Nice one but I will stick to my MK3 as I’m used to ABL3, MicroTonic, Nithonat and other VST’s. Still I would love to get hands on this custom NI Linux distro which is inside M+.

2 Likes

Oh god. The Guitar Center up the street from me has a + available for pickup. I thought it would be out of stock everywhere for weeks… that was supposed to be what saved my wallet…

2 Likes

Oh man. You got me excited. I searched guitar center for it. Found it in stock, called to confirm, they don’t have it available in store :frowning:

Available in store by me. Too bad it’s already paid for at sweetwater. Really not happy with sweetwater right now, but obviously this isn’t their fault.

Edit: sweetwater now expects it should ship today or tomorrow!

3 Likes

@lowtom

I still own a MK1, if I would have owned a MK3 I probably wouldn’t have updated either…

Also if someone is new to Maschine and has a decent computer/laptop already, MK3 is a better choice price/performance wise, you get all of the Maschine+ features except for being standalone…

Respect to NI because even the latest 2.12.0 software still works decently with my MK1 controller, except for some small screen glitches sometimes, but that could be my hardware…

1 Like

@Dstepatl

Same here my pre-order still says 4 working days… hope it will be sooner… No updates yet :neutral_face:

Where did you order?

Our local music store here

2 Likes

Same. I like that they made the + similar to the mk3 instead of adding new features exclusive to the standalone.

Don’t get me wrong, I would have loved a few more bells and whistles, but it would have seemed rude to lock them behind a 1400 paywall

3 Likes

Current version of maschine mk3 needs High Sierra at least

Thanks for the Thomann tip! Ordered one too… oh my… This seems to be the ‘be all and end all’ Groovebox… at least on paper :slight_smile:

Although I’ve been running things like Reaktor, Absynth, Massive, FM7 & FM8 ‘standalone’ on a V-Machine, vPed and Receptor for a couple of years already it’s great to see NI diving into hardware this way, since they never really supported one of the previous named ‘hardware plug-in players’

Can’t wait to throw some Reaktor ensembles at this.

4 Likes

Ok, i took my time. I thought about it. I watched all the videos. I came to a conclusion.

Its way too expensive for what it does.

All in the eyes of the buyer,
I’d have had no problem paying 1600.

2 Likes

Right? Comparing to other hardware this is quite a value

2 Likes

Question for the new Maschine+ owners!

When you activate M+ with your NI account does it automatically add the Machine software licence to your NI account or does it come with a card with a serial number for the Maschine Mac/PC software?

I want to give my old MK1 controller + my old Machine software license to my oldest son, I tried contacting NI support with this question without any luck (as you can read in a previous post of mine).

Can anyone let me know how you activate the Maschine Software licence that comes with the M+ (I assume it comes with a licence so you can use the M+ in controller mode with a computer…)

1 Like

Can probably get it $1,200 shipped to US from Juno once they get them in stock.

You can get that price in the US, fwiw.

2 Likes

Yep, AltoMusic, ZZSounds will price match. Others will negotiate.

$1250ish from Gear4Music from UK also