Stack/add notes in Live Record vs. overwrite

I’m guessing there is no way to do this since there’s nothing in the manual about it, but has anyone discovered any way to create a pattern, go into live record, and play notes on top of it that will add to the pattern instead of replacing it? Similar to MIDI Overdub in Ableton (first example that came to mind).

Hey there! There is a similar discussion going on here:

Unfortunately it seems to be an issue that you can only come around via some little tricks like using more than one of the DN midi tracks and route them to the same output channel.
I think having the other discussion in mind and being on the same page as you are with my own struggles regarding DN, the general question is, if its a request issue for upcoming OS s or a bug, as f e you could potentially stack notes if you play them in the same pattern in the first place. Really frustrating as I was so excited after finally working out setting up my MC 505 to serve the DN this workflow problem suddenly appeared out of nowhere …

Hi, thanks for the response, I never get any on here! Yeah I figured it was something that would need to be implemented. I think maybe a setting switching between Overwrite and Overdub could be nice, maybe even a FUNC shortcut for it. I haven’t explored using the MIDI tracks to control the internal tracks yet, I’m gonna try that out. If Elektron could add overdub and also some kind of trig/step preview of a note, I’d be in heaven!

1 Like

totally agree on that!