ST tips & tricks

I got this one from a video
Press [Parameter page] + [yes] to randomize all parameters of the selected page :smiley:

Feel free to add hacks and gems that you discover!

4 Likes

Sorry, did not know where else to ask.

Check each trig condition in trig menu: they are most likely /1st

3 Likes

I think I’ve heard on loopop video review: impulse is a good solution for analog toms. I’ve tested with mid attack, mid decay and bandpass filter on lowend, and I was surprised how good it could be sounds… Not perfect but enough to tweak around.

5 Likes

Yeah I noticed this, I even did this, live record and just go random smushing keys…. Filter release down and delay up… it just kept making awesome arps to go over bass lines… this machine just seems to make everything more fun some how

1 Like

FYI

3 Likes

The most usable workaround for portamento or slide trigs I found so far:

Using a square LFO at speed 0 with FADE set to 32 or so (set destination to TUNE), I get a kind of portamento when recording the DEP parameter.

One isn’t able to tie actual notes this way, but it allows you tie the recorded TUNE values (almost like AR or OT). The LFO ramps the values between the trigs thanks to FADE. You can even turn the slide off, by P-locking FADE to 0. You can also control the slide speed.

11 Likes

I’m keen to hear its FM bass licks. Any examples up of 80’s DX7 new-orderish bass sounds?

taktikal

26 Likes

Ok, one tip I learned from the video above is that your sound gets looped in ADSR mode, vs. only one tick for AHR.
Edit: AHD with “Note” hold also works this way.

Silly me, I’ve been missing this from day 1.

11 Likes

Please keep these coming mate, they’re wicked :raised_hands:

1 Like

I 100% thought this was an issue with the retrig getting stuck and have been tying to reproduce it as a bug. I need to head back over to the bugs thread and express my shame

edit: nope, retrig just stuck on an AHD. back to being shameless

2 Likes

Great video, putting the trick with the clap and ADSR to good use already.

2 Likes

What sets the duration of the sustain phase in ADSR if it’s looping?

I was connecting to overbridge and saw the option for routing audio to the 4 analog tracks … I was trying to figure out the application for which you would route audio to the 4 analog tracks … is there a trick here I’m missing?

2 Likes

basic tip for selecting sound presets for tracks (this wasn’t obvious to me) …

hold function and scroll the Level/Data knob …

hold function and hit Yes to audition a sound …

hit Yes to select the sound for the track or hit No to return to main screen.

Any changes to a sound only pertain to the pattern you are using it in, I believe.

3 Likes

This is a very good question.
For claps, for instance, as you can see on @Soffter’s vid, it’s the clap time span parameter. It works the opposite of what you’d expect btw, a longer span get you a short osc retrig.
For the other machines, the sound turn into an simple osc. I need to spend more time on this one, especially with the Toy piano…

3 Likes

Yes, this is written in the manual: Sounds in the +Drive or the Pool get copied to a Pattern.
To change them, you have to overwrite them.

1 Like

I don’t have a syntakt (yet) but I’m guessing it’ll be something to do with trig conditions? Probably a load of trigs set to “not the first time” or something similar.

3 Likes

Sustain is a level control it has no duration. But I guess the answer to your question is, as long as you hold the note.

2 Likes