SSL UF1 Controller

Build quality is great, thick steel and everything feels nice, the jog wheel is metal but the pots are plastic. The footprint is about the right size, doesn’t seem overly big like the UF8 and fits nicely on my crowded desk. The screens are really nice, I especially like that I can put the ssl meter plugin on my master buss and have all that info be on the screen of the UF1.

Now some tips for the bitwig users after messing around with it tonight:
I ended up selecting the logic daw profile in SSL 360 and then using the Mackie MCU-Control Universal by driven by moss (I also turned on ‘display track names in first display’ in the controller settings – do NOT turn on ‘only has 1 fader’ or else the SEL button on the UF1 doesn’t work anymore). And to my surprise most everything seems to be working correctly. Most hiccups I have encountered have just been due to the limitations of the UF1 and MCU and not due to bitwig (aside from the fact that bitwig doesn’t have a scrub function so you cant scrub with the jog wheel). I am pleasantly surprised! This thing is deep though so I still have a lot to learn and custom soft keys to configure, etc.

3 Likes