SSL 2 USB audio interface

How are people getting in with their SSL2? Thinking of selling my Focusrite Clarett 4Pre as I’m not use if more than 2 inputs now all my gear runs through a SSL SiX at the moment and Focusrite app drives me crazy. Just want simplicity and good audio…

I love my SSL 2! In fact I am thinking I’d like to see if anyone is looking to trade their 2+ for a 2? If you’re not using the extra outputs I’d love to use them to go outboard!

I should have bought the 2+ from the get go :joy:

Well I got the 2+ and now could do with more outputs like I had on my Focusrite only a few months ago :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I had a 2+ but mine went silent after about 6 months and I had to return it. I went for a MOTU M2 instead. Not that I didn’t like the SSL - I definitely did - it’s just that I have a mental blockage once I’ve owned something and had issues with it. (“It’s not SSL; it me” etc)

1 Like

Hahaha that’s fair. Never enough outputs! Lol I’d like to think two extra ones would be enough… just enough to run through outboard compressors etc.

That’s really too bad! I got my SSL 2 last year and it’s been great! Got a few albums tracked through it at this point. I like it, so I’d like to stay with it if possible…

1 Like

Also, I don’t think I got the full 4k experience - my monitors were too small to reflect the resolution :wink:

(felt as though a thread about the 2/+ needed a 4k dad joke)

1 Like

ha!! :rofl:

1 Like

How are these things holding up ? I’m looking for a simple bus powered high quality interface.

Coming from a rme babyface but I’m not sure I’d like to drop that kind of cash again. Eventhough I love the babyface to bits!!

You can go for it. I have the SSL+ and no regrets. You should look the low budget newest UADs too.

Cool! Does de normal 2 version let you route the headphones? I need one additional output to send clock to my multiclock. Hence why I don’t need an interface with midi.

No. Only the plus version can do this.

Good to know!

I’m reviving this topic.

I’m having a moment where I’m in love with my SSL12

I had the SSL2+ and as far as the interface of the interface is concerned- I loved it. It was so simple and did everything I needed it to do without amy convoluted mess like the iConnect+ and with a big ol dial for Monitor levels.

I got the SSL12 as soon as I could, as I have a bunch of microphones(I’ve only really used one…but someday…) and the ADAT port in the back is super useful for pulling in my modular tracks into it.

If they make an SSL v3 with ADAT out, and buttons to allow for stereo inputs I would pre-order it immediately. Those are my only real gripes with the interface.

But dang this cute lil box just feels like absolute convenience.

Also, it sounds alright I guess- i just really love how direct it is to interact with it

2 Likes

Yeah, I had the SSL2+ for a bit and it was awesome for the price!

1 Like

I have the 12, too. It has been fantastic for my little studio. I struggled to figure out which interface to get and am absolutely thrilled with this.

2 Likes