Squarp Instruments Hapax Polychronic Performance Sequencer

I suppose it depends on what your taste in music is… I’ve been dipping in and out of the stream every now and then this evening and have generally enjoyed a lot of the music. But just in small chunks. I think if you were to curate the whole 24 hour stream down into an hour it would be fantastic stuff. Albeit not something that would be banging on the door of the hit parade.

1 Like

Lol, there’s not even any sound now… WTF is this launch!?

2 Likes

Squarp is taking a huge risk. If they let this thing run for too long, it could become self-aware, take over global computer systems and launch preemptive nuclear war on humanity.

6 Likes

I like glowing lines and clicky sounds as much as anyone (more than most, even) but this is pretty stupid.

3 Likes

it’s like that 24 hour live episode of the 3rd day :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

There are only 16 people watching it. Not exactly building momentum…

2 Likes

If this was how Autechre teased a new album, y’all be reacting much differently

9 Likes

1.it’d be a terrible autechre album
2. Not so different to their last few albums :laughing:

To be clear … I’ve liked autechre for decades but prefer melodies and beats.
And this is off topic. Sorry I bit.

3 Likes

I know what it is!!!

…in the next 12 hrs maybe ill tell you, maybe not! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think what we’re all concerned about it…

Will Octatrack owners be very happy?

(Is this a tired meme at this point…?)

1 Like

Well…

1 Like

any official response yet about whatever this was?

If you speed up the video you can clearly hear: ‘I buried Paul’ or ‘cranberry sauce’, not really sure at that point…

the interesting bit was perhaps what looks like a module schematic. the letters HFX appeared too so it might be a module that only contains the H(ermod) FX section (+new FX) ?

anyway, I thought this could make a nice video for my last current sound so… shameless plug : ) (I am using Hermod to sequence it all though haha so it’s also an homage)

3 Likes

They’re bringing laser disco back to planetariums ?

3 Likes

At long last!

5 Likes

I used to like the old-fashioned planetarium shows that actually used the star projectors. In retrospect the proggy Laserium show I saw in the mid-70’s was the beginning of the end.

1 Like

SIGN is as melodic as you want Autechre to be

3 Likes

Right now, the laser show was tracing what looks like the outline of a device with two screens, many buttons, and six or so encoders.

My bet for this announcement is on new Pyramid hardware or a desktop synth.

1 Like

Finally it’s getting a little interesting. Definitely a large-ish desktop unit rather than a module. Next iteration of the Pyramid seems right, with the large button grid.

It’s funny, I really thought early on that Squarp had kind of screwed up this tease/launch.

alot of people were (understandably) pretty miffed last night, that they had watched for an hour and still knew nothing.

I think it was a big mistake not explaining this was a 24 hour stream right from the outset !

but now we know this, Im quite enjoying it as a kind of art installation thats slowly revealing whats on the way … something you can pop back to every few hours , and see where its got it.

of course, we also only have 3 hours left… then what?

2 Likes