Speedy J thread

worth it if it comes with his octatrack :wink:

2 Likes

It’s a hybrid setup : Traktor / Xone / 2x midi controllers (underneath Octa) / Octatrack is for adding 909 claps, hats & rides to the mix and also reverb & delay connected to the aux sends to the mixer. this is a “simple & controllable” setup but allows so many possibilities… but you have to be creative of course!
Octa don’t need to be synced to the computer here as you have the nudge function on it, so it stays easily in sync.

5 Likes

Interesting; I just read some news (under embargo) about a collaborative album that Speedy J fans and those of another prominent techno solo artist known for their Octatrack use will likely be very happy with.

1 Like

Surgeon…

1 Like

Yes please

:woman_shrugging:

would love it if, out of nowhere, uziq and speedyj did a sequel to this album.

1 Like

loving this one today -

2 Likes

Chris Leibing

:man_shrugging:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3ngOouMZL-/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igsh=ZDNlZDc0MzIxNw==

You were correct!

3 Likes

I noticed they are playing Sonar together.

Thought I’d add this little number to the thread.

On my favourites.

Was just about the post this. Sounding good from the preview tracks.

Liking the sound of this!

Speedy J is superlative. I’ve been a fan since my teens, namely 1996 and Public Energy No. 1. Surgeon is no amateur either. Can anyone tell me what Surgeon has on his desk in the pic?

1 Like

pulsar 23 it seems

2 Likes

plus the usual - torso t1, music thing 8mu midi controller and looks like another midi controller to its left