Speculation: Machinedrum Mk3?

If there is one thing I’ve learned about Elektron machines, it is “save early, save often”…I’ve also come to accept that you are going to lose stuff on them, especially when you are learning, and the best thing you can do is just accept it and try to recreate it even better than before. Eventually, you’ll reach a point where that stops being an issue.

1 Like

I’d be all over this … :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

If Elektron could keep it 16 Machine but New Machines would be super awesome.
I would also love to see Drum machine in general have an additional 16 midi channel at the flic of a button . allowing the users to hook-up Other gear 2 or 3 midi i-o . ( with ccm recoded etc)
I would also have 4 FX… chain-able within the machine
A bunch of CV & gates would BE a bonus as well .

I can see it already … ALL back with 16 velocity pads - & a BIG screen .
With all the advancement they have made on there sequencers , as well as Seans .
I truly believe they are sitting on a Gold mine. don’t make it cheap but make it Powerful .

1 Like

unfortunately I have learnt this the hard way …
Save Kit and Save patterns .

Ha. 5 Years Later. Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank boss .
This is still a very good idea .
And i’m on the market for a New toy . Summed it up between the RYTM MKII , Alpha , Octo MKII ( But not sure I need another Sampler ) . But A Brand New Power full MACHINEDRUM MK3 would really make Big difference.

1 Like

You may be waiting a while…lol.

Best move may be to hunt down a used RYTM MKII and MKI MD. That would basically be a lifetimes worth of drums between the 2 devices. Plus you can sample the MD kicks and snares into the RYTM to process those sounds with warm analogue and layer them. Then you have the MD’s suite of LFOs to generate all kinds of cool Perc and hat patterns over the top.

For less than $2k with some patience, you could pull this off.

1 Like

I predict they make and all analog Machinedrum Mk3 with 24 tracks and cv/gate in/out for every channel and physical plate reverb

2 Likes

“Predict” :laughing:

1 Like

Model:Cycles really is an MD mk3 Mini to me.

7 Likes

Better bring the features of MD to Analog Rytm MK2. Its black already.

:wink:

2 Likes

Yes we have quite a MD MKI and a few other drum machines . Also have quite a few samplers …

I just think we are approaching 20 years of Machine drum . would Be awesome for Elektron to Release MK3 . some thing with at least 32 voice polyphony .

Yea we have both the model Cycle and Sample . Both are fun little boxes but Polyphony on them are annoying IMO.
The thing I Love about elektrons is also the thing I hate about them…
The KeyLocks ; You Got love being able to Add " " sound " " on a channel . But then you run into the problem of remembering where the key locked are .

I think Elektron are always looking forwards, not backwards. I doubt we would get a mk3. maybe a limited rerelease edition (black panel with the new buttons would be cool)
The heart and soul of the MD lives on in the digitakt and digitone.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I have to agree with you . Elektron dose look to the futur.
on the other hand the Heart of the MachineDrum was the flexibility to chose between all these Engines.
I still feel like each of their new machines are limited . Most of then need to be accompanied buy another machine to make a " " complet " " track . accept maybe the OT . but then again you run into charing sound / channels .
MD-MK3 with new engines like digitone , digitak , Rytm , etc . :drooling_face:

2 Likes

After using on a daily basis for the last months an Octatrack + Digitone Keys + Machinedrum (and a couple of months with a Digitakt) I can really understand the complaints about the new Digit family. And I’m also able to appreciate what Digitone and Digitakt offer. So, for me, it would really be a BIG missed opportunity not the release one of more high-end products featuring both the user friendliness and evolution of the Digi family mixed with the more modular approach of the MD, MNM or Octatrack machines… I really hope they do something in this direction.

3 Likes

18 posts were split to a new topic: Trolling / off-topic

Yes I agree completely … I’ve been Massing around With 5-6 LFO on one voice on Machine drum and that thing if Super Sick. This Subject should deff be on Elektron’s Agenda .

3 Likes

I’m certainly wrong but I have the feeling that the best selling gear today is price range 500 - 800€. Too complex and too expensive gear are also too elitiste and I think Elektron sell 3 or 4 DT/DN for 1 OT/AR/A4.
Also, today laptop are so powerfull, a full featured box doesn’t make as sens as 10 years ago.
So I really think Elektron won’t look back and will produce more “cheap” box that do less but in high quality like DT and DN.

4 Likes

You sure? People seem to have plenty of money saved by no vacation and no starbucks and zero interest money lending - the very expensive Elektron stuff seems to sell very well, even so if they raise prices for making a facelift which is basically a paintjob :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love the DN so much but I think there is room for flagship devices as well. For example, the RYTM is an amazing machine and elektron still puts out updates even for older machines like the OT. It would be a shame if Elektron only made mid priced gear, but I dont believe that will happen.

Is there going to be a virtual NAMM in Jan? Havent really thought about that.

1 Like