Sonicware Liven Lofi 12

those are some fun sounding presets. I mean this thing is pretty gritty, definitely lives up to it’s name.
perfect for what it is, pricepoint is easy, anyone making any comment on the specs should stop, it’s literally not worth your breath. people will like this for what it is, otherwise it’s probably a hard pass for you.

I think some people get really stoked to have next to 0 sample time, being forced to creatively produce something under that constraint. imo the presets do a great job of embodying that.

2 Likes

Perfect, they can enjoy the audio import via midi.

I really wish this actually had real 12-bit converters rather than an algorithm, but it still sounds good. I’ll probably grab one when I see a sale.

3 Likes

they’re the same people that are most likely to sample everything via line-in, aren’t they?

1 Like

You got it chief, enjoy! It looks like a nice product.

I was just about to type the same combo!

Chill out. You can find actual 12-bit converters on an OTO BIM and you can find actual lo-fi converters on the Bastl Microgranny and TE PO-33. You must’ve missed the part where I said I was going to buy one eventually. How about just not responding to my comments from now on?

1 Like

Samplers with limited sampling time?

3 Likes

It’s not me, I don’t think this is for me, just don’t think it’s worth peoples time saying they wish it had 8 seconds instead of 4 of sample time.

I get a weird vibe from your responses tbh
Hope you’re doing alright!

I also enjoyed listening to the presets.

It has inspired me to appreciate the limited/generous sample time on my op-z and see what I can do with less. I would like some of those fx too.

1 Like

Wasn’t my intention

Super good, thanks for asking!

2 Likes

Pulled the trigger on one. Been wanting something tactile as all my shit is touch screen. Looks like a hair fragile For park trips but the iPhone 11 with Koala Sampler (and that new SITALA sampler damn) is better for outside time anyways.

Definetly will buy it. The workflow is exactly my type and it could be a nice pair for the 404.

1 Like
2 Likes

question, does the L-12 allow you to automate the loop points in via knob like the digitakt?

Yeah its not totally clear from reading the manual but I think not? It sounds like the sample and edit mode where you set all this stuff might be kind of be in a separate mode than sequencing so you couldn’t directly lock or modulate those settings. You might be able to fake it though through the sound locks it seems and just have the same sample multiple times with different loops settings.

Unless I am wrong it seems to be able to sound lock to any of the 128 4 second samples on the device, which is actually pretty dang cool but I feel like at 128 total giving up slots for dupe sounds to mess with loop points might feel wasteful.

1 Like

It looks like a really fun device at a great place.

It’s make their other sampler look a bit overpriced.

My first association here - not AKAI samplers, but rather all that vintage Yamaha and Casio fun like VSS-30, VS-200, SK-1 etc. Even BoBeats demo sounds close to that auto accompanement tunes with cheap drums.

Sample in a second from cheap korg analog synth, make an arpeggio from it - incredibly powerful.
Pity nobody was doing such stuff until Korg Microsampler and it’s also abandoned. Curious if this device has some sample modulation, like heavy LFO, to replicate the sample warping from Yamahas…

4 Likes

Korg should have re-issued the micro-sampler instead of that stupid “Minilogue Bass”.

5 Likes

used to have that microsampler, don’t remember the sample time on that thing but I always thought of that like the closest thing to a mini ensoniq…
as a matter of fact the two of those would make a nice comparison video

update… reminded me why I got rid of it

1 Like