Sonic Sound Synthesis at the Neon Hospice (5 June 2021: end of series special with Walker Farrell of Make Noise)

Astrogenic Hallucinauting (Elektronauts regular @SPIKE) will be our special guest for a session at The Neon Hospice on 24 April 2021 at the usual time of 7pm BST. On this occasion there will also be short pieces alongside the main event from Drift of Signifieds and Extractor Fan.

UPDATED: Mixcloud archive

2 Likes

Not an Elektronaut, but this may be of interest: the legendary Walker Farrell of Make Noise will be joining us for a very special Sonic Sound Synthesis session this Saturday at The Neon Hospice.

After this Sunday, the Neon Hospice will be transforming, and much of the current line-up of programmes will be moving to a dedicated new channel on Repeater Radio in early July 2021.

Walker says about his session:

In my day to day life I sometimes feel like I am constantly in a hurry. Whether I’m at work, in transit, trying to get dinner ready, or even listening to music, there is an awareness of “time running out” that can compromise my enjoyment of life moment to moment. What better place than a live broadcast, where there is no fast-forward button, to focus a little on slowing down and not being hurried? Here is half an hour of unhurried music for you to relax or tense up to, as you prefer. It was performed on modular synthesizer and a few other synths: Strega, Ciat-Lonbarde, and a borrowed Roland Jupiter-6. Thanks for listening.

Update: And here is the Mixcloud archive:

3 Likes

That sounds superb. Walker FTW

1 Like

I’ve got the recording ready to mix in with the rest of tonight’s final hour, though I never preview the sessions other than to check levels visually before broadcast as it’s nicer to listen along in realtime. His contribution to our last DJ Negative Skills mix was magnificent.

2 Likes

Ah, that’s excellent - the perfect aperitif for the show! I like the idea of not listening before broadcast too, that’s a nice approach. Not the same but when I used to do Rhythm Incursions on BBC London Live/Samurai.FM my co-host and I would take it in turns & I’d always wait until broadcast to listen to his show rather than play the recording when he uploaded it

1 Like