Sonic Sound Synthesis at the Neon Hospice (5 June 2021: end of series special with Walker Farrell of Make Noise)

Thanks @Scot_Solida - that was a real trip (perhaps somewhat to 1974 as one of the guests in the lounge suggested, but that’s no trauma) and no mistake. Absolutely lovely and the most cosmic set we’ve had to date at Sonic Sound Synthesis.

1 Like

1974 would be a fine destination! Thank you all for listening. I am humbled by your responses.

1 Like

Still boggling here, to be honest.

BTW next week’s show comes from Jono Podmore AKA Kumo and a member of the analogue-only Metamono synth collective, also sometime engineer, curator and remixer for Can and related acts.

Thanks for listening everyone, and good to see some Elektronauts in the lounge too.

And the archived set is available via Mixcloud:

3 Likes

Damn man. This is like a kickass Kraftwerk/Tangerine Dream soundtrack to an obscure movie that you never knew existed.

2 Likes

Except in a half-remembered paramnesiac dream.

2 Likes

im super glad i dropped in for a bit.
I picked a hell of a day to give up lsd.
Thanks Scot!

3 Likes

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

How could we possibly follow the titan that is @Scot_Solida ? Well, we’ve tried, but it’s entirely likely that Thighpaulsandra (of Coil and Spiritualized fame for those who don’t know his particular and remarkable works) will achieve similar heights of modular intensity… 7pm Saturday 13 March 2021 at The Neon Hospice.

5 Likes

Thighpaulsandra is a genius. :star_struck:

(we shared a record label for a minute…)

3 Likes

Utterly. I have only skimmed through the 5 tracks he graciously provided for the session, but they have me itching to listen to the whole thing (I prefer to do so at the time of broadcast as it’s something that can involve others in the lounge as a semi-live realtime experience)

1 Like

He also had a hand in some classic Julian Cope albums, and his Double Vulgar and Double Vulgar II are mind-bendingly good (though definitely not for the prudish listener)

2 Likes

Including the remarkable synth ensemble Queen Elizabeth, who I had the very weird experience of seeing play live at JC’s Cornucopea mini-festival with no less than three Thighpaulsandras on stage…

1 Like

What an experience that must have been!

1 Like

All that and a huge wall of modular synths for the Ashra Tempel set too.

1 Like

This is beginning to sound like a strange and wonderful dream…

1 Like

Coil and Groundhogs plus many more besides. It was a huge blast all round.

1 Like

And what a session Thighpaulsandra sent us! I’m still in awe, and thankfully it’s possible to listen again via the archive in case you missed it too:

2 Likes

I need to give these recordings the attention they deserve. Thanks so much to all involved and thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Pansporia flyer wide

This week we are pleased to present a rare solo recording from James Hodson’s Pansporia solo project (he is a veteran of such acts as Faust, In Gowan Ring and Splintered, and La Mandragore with me), and he has created a full-length suite of Electrorganick Hallucinogenics on Nord Modular G2, Nord Wave, ASM Hydrasynth, Yamaha A4000 sampler and Behringer Neutron for Sonic Sound Synthesis at 7pm BST tonight at www.theneonhospice.com.

It should be an interesting one; and the Mixcloud archive is now live.

3 Likes

Saturday’s sSs session is a DJ mix of exclusive tracks compiled for the show, featuring pieces by @Scot_Solida, No Masters (@Fin25) and more, including a very special guest from the Blue Ridge Mountains… Walker Farrell from Make Noise, no less!

Edit: Well, that was a blast, and in case you missed it, here’s the session at Mixcloud

8 Likes