"Song mode" Digitakt

Dude was claiming DN only had midi arp.
I’m not looking at anything. And honestly haven’t used arp on DN. But if that was the case…there IS a werk around.
Anyways…

Basically you can get inventive and don’t assume. A DAW can provide a freakin arp. Stop stressin about what it doesn’t have and werk with what it does. We have the tools. Use the talent. I don’t know many people that don’t have a computer. DT has no arp?..use a computer, arp yer shit, record the stem, put it in the DT…done!

I prefer arping from my computer. You can have diff Arps loaded up switch on the fly, no menu diving and fiddling with the trig button+ encoder.

Hybrid in/out of the box for the win.

2 Likes

Aye, he was wrong on that. Only the synth tracks have an arp. Anyway, to get back on topic, pattern changes can be saved and sent from a DAW too :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yep let’s keep things on topic please.

:thup:

Letting the off topic posts stand now, but off topic replies are being flagged by the community. So just don’t bother , please.

1 Like

Feels like Native Instruments forum here :slight_smile:

Yep…I’ve been trying to sell that one for ages.

I don’t see ANY problem having a lappy off to the side sending pattern changes to your kit.
If that’s an absolute no, MPC can do it…you can even set up a midi track on you DN or DT and set track tempo way slow and set prog changes on there. Even p-lock those for some randomness?

Many ways to get creative.

Buy a Cirklon :slight_smile: (oh man!)

1 Like

Speaking of which: Elektron Pattern Clips! Now with Arrangement Mode!

5 Likes

To keep it on topic. I was very strongly for song mode before. But I’ve found that pattern chaining cover my needs. Still wish it could be saved, but as I said it’s not a big deal for me.

2 Likes

Oh nice!
Ableton :frowning: need a wrap for Logic. :grimacing:

I guess I could run it in MAX.

1 Like

check this shit out…dont need “song mode” for a good live perf. :wink:
part of Ae quaristice tour sysex notes…

Well well, haven’t been around in quite awhile… I see that Elektron still hasn’t done anything to resolve the Song Mode issue for DT… It’s long overdue, the one missing feature that would complete this amazing groovebox… Sad, really…

5 Likes

Song mode issue? There was never an issue cuz it was never there. Or going to be :confused:

In that case…let’s talk about the 2.5miilion dollar issue with my bank account. :sob:

2 Likes

can eveybody on this thread , scroll back to 2017 and press the heart button .

it may make a differnece. SHOULD!

Good use of capital letters.

I’d have preferred more exclamation marks.

Sorry, gonna have to dock points though for using discriminatory language.

Lost coherence and direction a bit at the end, which I think adds to the rant, to be fair.

Overall, I’d score it about 4/10 on the rant scale.

2 Likes

nice review .

how about a … user savable pattern chains , lol

hey just copy the rs7000 pattern fills section by yamaha knew .

2017 Elektron said they “may look in to song mode in the future updates” https://youtu.be/3ufuI1zYHR0?t=1002

to the haters, its not a crazy ask. if you dont need it, cool.
its killing these instruments for me.

7 Likes

1.30 firmware and still not a song mode…

I agree Digitakt doesn’t need it to jam and have fun with it. But sometimes if you are by your own on the stage and you prefer to perform with other synth or to sing with no worries about the sequence of paterns, this feature is totally necesary.

Pleaaase Elektron! I beg you.

9 Likes

that’s my solution! works great! :+1:

The car I bought 10 years ago still cannot fly! Shame on that car company!..

2 Likes

Mine can. You must be holding it wrong…

…sorry :blush:

1 Like

Is that a toy car joke?