Something new

Reminds me of a modernized Roland R8. Very cool. Dream price seeing that it samples, overbridge support. If these were $999 I don’t think you’d hear complaints.

Count me in.

spring

Bit disappointed. Looks like it’s a Rytm with all of the analogue circuitry and live performance modes taken out. 1 LFO per voice? Hmmm.

Elektron is hunting for Korg & Roland

1 Like

Looks dope.
I really hope the sample memory is expandable or you can sample to and stream directly from the +drive

1 Like

p-locks on this one?

yes 64mb these days just seems a little low…a 2gb card cost next to nothing

4 Likes

Have to say, I was really hoping for a Delay/Reverb box to go with the Heat. I guess I will finally take the Strymon plunge.

3 Likes

Impossible to pleased everyone in one product announcement :stuck_out_tongue:

Does it have some drum/synth engine, or it’s just samples like OT?

Yes, it does!

1 Like

You should look into an ensoniq DP4. big sky is a bit boring in comparison :slight_smile:

im actually relieved they didn’t make an FX box. I think im a little disappointed with a lack of CV outs but for the price i understand the omission. UI looks good and super readable. The industrial design is on point, looks new but familar :slight_smile: Great job elektron! i will be purchasing one as soon as they are up for order

That’s super cool!

Exactly what i need now! just in time.
i will trigger my MFB Tanzmaus with it…
so can use 2 drum machines in my live act from one sequencer

and by the way… after i will put one of my Analog Heats!*****

1 Like

Looks pretty fun! But also like the outcome of a business model that looks more towards sales from new customer acquisition (agreed with @Noisebuddy, from the likes of Korg and Roland) rather than sales from veteran Elektron users. Reminds me of the direction Qu-Bit went this year in Eurorack.

I’ll be waiting to see how advanced the MIDI sequencer is before I consider making space for this.

3 Likes

I want to know if samples can be bit reduced and how well they scale chromatically.

They should have called it “Vanillatrack” with the pay-off “Sorry, we had to go mainstream to survive in Vanilla World”

1 Like

Can’t see any incentive to buy for someone who already owns the AR to be honest.

2 Likes

would say is more for those who dont have an AR

Sample your AR !

1 Like