Something new

I’ve been YouTube streaming using Wirecast. It works great. I think the pro version can stream to multiple services simultaneously. I’ve got the YouTube-only version. In terms of communicating while streaming, the YouTube latency is not that great. Like 40 seconds latency! There is a low latency mode, but it’s more like 10 seconds or something… Perhaps it varies. But perhaps that’s to be expected in any streaming.

(My only gripes with streaming is that my internet speed at the studio is like using an old modem… And at home I don’t have space or any stuff… But we’ve got fiber internet!)

2 Likes

Hexadecatrack?

So someone has now see what is it ? We are the 19 !! What news come next ?

If you like it, that means I will like it. Peeled to the internet screen!

3 Likes

Dont forget IRC :smiley: we are having a chatparty talking about the newgear…
join in for some oldskool fun…
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.esper.net/?nick=ChatParty?#elektron

3 Likes

Maybe someone with a twitch account could re-stream it for those strong souls without fb?

or for those who cant watch the stream because they are at work :frowning:

1 Like

there are screws… they are parts of the new machine?
or we will get a toolbox!?!

so this is a sign for modular models from elektron?

just means someone got screwed

1 Like

deletes self

1 Like

So 18:00 UK time. Even though I don’t use FB, I’ll try the Elektron page, maybe it’ll work for non users :slight_smile:

A sequencable delay fx pedal/unit with sampling capabilities?
Something like a boss Rsd -10.
Elektron Tape, anyone?
After the Heat debacle, I’m personally inclined to lowball any hopes, tbh

1 Like

That still seems to say …took apart the old machines.

Screws hold together the front plate on all the machines. Hence why it’s a new box and not a pedal gizmo nor eurorack…

It also has the rubberised rotary knobs…

Yea, Simon emphasized the word MACHINE, so I’m assuming it’s not a new FX-unit.

What if is not a music machine but a video machine??

Gotta be a new sampler with overbridge compatibility, better FX and analog overdrive. THAT’S WHAT I WANT!!!

2 Likes

The name “Digitakt” (if that’s the real name) leads me to believe it’s either a sequencer, or a new digital drummachine. I’m hoping it’s something that will compete with the new MPC Live. I sold one of my A4s the other day to get money for the Live, but I’d prefer a new Elektron-box instead. Would love for it to be a new sampling workstation/drummachine.