Something new

Hoping you can watch the feed without logging in or installing the app. Not down with spilling my phone’s digital guts out to Zuckerberg :wink:

4 Likes

Facebook haters are out of luck. Dont worry we will keep you updated on this thread, with a bit of latency (text posts not video)

3 Likes

YouTube could be a better option for live broadcast, but considering we are only several hours away…difficult to change the plan.

1 Like

Why not over the Elektron Homepage? I don’t use Facebook :persevere:

3 Likes

Sorry, this is how it is. I don’t know why Facebook was chosen for the live stream platform.
Perhaps that was the only possiblity for the crew over there. Too late to change now.

7 Likes

I suppose you can just watch the stream on FB without logging in and I don’t think Live streams will contain ads… perhaps before tuning in, but not during the stream. Just don’t scroll down to all the ‘OCTATRACK 2 PLEASE’ comments…

Create a dummy email address and facebook account. Five minutes work.

2 Likes

yeh… it’s ok I’ve got the app… the video player on their website is pretty bad on iOS Safari. I just want to stay away from them… don’t like this psycho pull-in business stuff they excel at.

2 Likes

No.

2 Likes

Doesnt worry me if you do or not. Just a suggestion. Please yourself.

1 Like

I think you will be able to view it without logging in, no?
The Elektron page is public so it should be no problem.

1 Like

You can visit and watch stuff @ the Elektron FB Page without a problem although I am not sure if you can watch Live streams without logging in… I guess we’ll see :wink:

I suppose a Youtube Live stream would be better next time for a much broader audience?

1 Like

My dummy account (which I made for testing FB campaign design stuff for work) got closed down for not being real. :slight_smile:

Make sure it’s filmed by a really good potato this time.

2 Likes

Okay scratch that… After watching the second teaser a couple of times on Facebook without being logged in it will ask to login if you want to continue watching… So that will most likely be a problem for the users without FB which makes it an evil platform indeed :wink:

Btw. I do hear a lot of samples in the teasers (drowned in a beautiful reverb) Perhaps the desperate OT2 screams were heard after all… Can’t wait!

6 Likes

Whatever it is, I don’t think Elektron will ever come out with something called Octatrack 2.

6 Likes

What about YouTube streaming ?
@cuckoomusic used this, it worked great ! @cuckoomusic any insight on this?

@Ess Is it still possible to put make this happen (as in “not too late”) ? Seems simpler that dealing with FB streaming thing…

3 Likes

YT is the easiest, most neutral choice these days but a lot of companies will use FB because it ties in with their general marketing activities, especially around tracking / reach metrics, etc. etc.

Twitch is another option that works really well for livestreaming but as a site it leans heavily towards videogames so might not be such a natural fit.

1 Like

Those squares in the teaser look like old 909 buttons, but are probably upside down pads from the Rytm. There are corner screws in the teaser too and also the rubberised Elektron rotary knobs. The unit is black and has a backlit screen. Sounds digital… Sound is like MM with a dose OT effects and glitch. Definitely a new full size box. Hoping OT2 with MM and MD engines built in. The name will be something other than OT though.

so, livestream today at 19:00 CET - and i’m not at home nor do i have the chance to watch it at that time :frowning:

do they record that stream? put it on YT right after it is over? i have my clues what the machine could be but im sure that im definitely wrong! :smiley: