Something missing

Bonjour.
I’ve got a Digitone, Blofeld and Model:Samples. I feel there is somthing missing in this setup, but can’t find the solution.
Help needed to progress…
many thanks.
phil

Your gear is great. What are you having problems with?

3 Likes

don’t know really. just the idea something is missing…

It seems you’ve got the digital , fm and sample side covered … maybe some analogue warmth could complete the picture ?

3 Likes

Maybe you should check out this topic:

9 Likes

it’s an idea growing recently: uno synth, dark energy, minitaur…

How much minutes have you in total listened to what this setup produced?

2 Likes

Practice song construction. Start with verse-chorus-verse-chorus.

Sing, if you can. If you can’t, or won’t, get one of your machines to sing instead.

Re-read your two favorite books. Narratives drive creativity.

7 Likes

it’s not because internet or whatelse. just the feeling a fourth element can be useful (fith if I consider the Novation sl 49 as a part of the setup)

4 to 5 hours per day since 2 weeks

1 Like

thanks for the idea of reading a book. Never red a book since 2000 cause the last one change all my life and don’t want to try that again.

2 Likes

Maybe a keyboard? I’d want an intuitive way to tap out a melody and try out different chords etc., rather than programming them into a step sequencer, but different things work for different people, so don’t think this is universal (or that there’s a ‘right’ way).

You could certainly make something amazing with what you have, like the others say :slight_smile:

More gear is often not the solution. I noticed it myself.

Tricks: read a book and make a track based on a (or more) characters. Watch a movie and make a track based on the landscapes, imagine a new species or just observe something for a while … etc.

7 Likes

well, iff this is live/jamming setup, i would not add any sound generating boxes, because you already have 3, which is the limit to actually operate in realtime.

however, what could be added is some pedals/Fx boxes … at least nice reverb for Blofeld.

2 Likes

maybe is my ceative feeling the answer…

Oh right, you have one. So, um… Well, I think that even people with more than a room full of gear can feel that something’s missing. Perhaps especially those people.

1 Like

quiet wright too. i’ve got a TC Electronic flasback pedal somewhere, not yet connected. can be the answer.

If it’s been 20 years, it’s probably safe to read another book.

5 Likes

maybe…

2 Likes

It’s easy to focus on external fixes but let’s give ourselves some credit. When you’re feeling it, you’ll know. Maybe stop demanding results for a bit and focus on having fun, and let some good feelings fill you up. Bond with your set up awhile. Quality time.

And yep, delays can inspire :slight_smile:

3 Likes