Something missing

Oh I like this

2 Likes

ok. thanks every body, I’ll meditate on all your proposals

1 Like

Just curious. What was that book?

8 Likes

I say give it some time. There is so much potential in your current setup. Maybe set some goals for creation.

If you really need to get a new piece of gear I’d suggest a drum synth. It blows sample based drums out of the water and you can get really satisfying results turning the knobs or whatever.

Hmm, well I will join the other suggestions that instead of yet another sound source like an analog synth mentioned above, what about having an effect – a good characterful delay or reverb, maybe some distortion bus kinda thing? A thing that will impart a similar sound on the other boxes you have. It will tie the three a little more together timbrally (?) and in a way will still let you focus more on twiddling the things you already have.

what type of music are you into?

I would say: try a Volca Drums and test if that’s the missing part - I have the same setup like you almost (only Digitakt+OT+M:C instead of your M:S) and I think I know I am missing a drum synth!

Also pedals / fx units could help. Like a very good reverb for the Blofeld. Or an Analog Heat?

The degree of vagueness is like something from a Dharma talk.

According to my meditation teacher, you should sit in meditation until the feeling passes.

We are all subject to the sensation of desire, and awareness of this sensation allows the individual to not let that desire render them mindless.

Meditation is a great way to build your awareness capacity.

Here’s hoping you find joy in the present moment, whatever the future holds.

11 Likes

What’s needed is more songwriting really.

You’re not missing any particular hardware “key”, contrariwise acquiring more leads you to need more.

The wanting needs channeling into what you have.

3 Likes

Douglas KENNEDY “the big picture”

2 Likes

I suggest an analog mono synth. Depending on the synth, this would give you nice bass and lead sounds right out of the box, and many mono synths have a distinct character. On top of that, you could pick one with, or without a fun sequencer. There are lots to choose from, with different personalities.

Also, mono’s are generally more focused in sound, and analog mono’s are generally more user friendly/knob per function ordeals.

If you “feel” something is missing, it really might be missing. I would suggest to create a piece of music, or start playing something, or improvising … and watch yourself and the music.

• Is it something to operate the setup better … to have a better workflow?
  • Is it a particular role in the music, which can’t be addressed?
  • Is a particular timbre missing?

Maybe some of the missing parts could even be included in your setup, but have not been found yet. As an example: The Blofeld and the DN are multitimbral and very versatile. If I had this setup, I would miss something to be the bass player. A Minitaur could be a great instrument, indeed. I also would recommend to check out Erica Synths Bassline DB-01, which is a great bass groovebox.

1 Like

Have you recently bought this gear? Sounds to me like the initial excitement has worn off and now you’re GASing for that high again. Try making stuff with the two Elektron boxes alone, and only add the Blofeld if you run out of tracks - less is more!

5 Likes

Very good idea!
I have the MT and DE, cool combo, can get very deep

*the yt clip is not for the music…

Similar to my set up. Why not a small mono synth for simple bassline duties? I usually like to do call and response style basslines, so I always like having a small analog knob-per-function mono synth.

thinking of the behringer td_3

I second the drum synth suggestion, and since no budget limitation has been stated, I recommend this:

4 Likes

in fact, the idea is to going back to the 80’s (new wave and ambient) and it might be difficult with today sounds of my machines. perhaps a behringer sh 01 (Roland sh101 was my second unit in 1984 after the Korg MS 10 in 1982) or td3 could help me.
When I decided to by some new machines last year, I did’nt want to by asian made.

I am limited…

In that case:

1 Like