Solar 42 Ambient Machine

Hi there,

There is no topic yet for this beautifull synth so here it is.

Because of a components shortage problem, the production is a bit delayed and preorder shipment will begin in early november instead of october.
The good new is that preorders still running !

It will be available in white, black, yellow and brown.

5 Likes
3 Likes

GASing hard for this beautiful space machine…

1 Like

I did preorder :yum:

1 Like

How did you preorder? Their website seems to be entirely video links. I checked a few of their European retailers and could not find anything. (I don’t want to actually put in an order, I’m just curious.)

1 Like

You send them an email

2 Likes

Thanks. Now that you have mentioned this, I can see it in the Synth Anatomy writeup. I just wasn’t paying attention.

1 Like

If you’re in the United States, Detroit Modular also has a pre-order option. (Maybe other places, too; I’m just mentioning it because I saw it the other day.)

I was low-key obsessed with the Solar 50, but for whatever reason, the 42 hasn’t caught my attention in the same way. Still seems extremely cool, so some sort of me problem.

1 Like

I was in the US before, and bought several times from Detroit Modular, always fast and helpful, and a further discount using their points system. I did notice they had preorder on their website. But I am in Europe now.

Perfect Circuit also has preorders, but I have read enough complaints about that to just mention it to caution people. They are lovely in every other way, but for some reason, they will take your money on preorders and then not deliver until well after everyone else has it on regular retail.

1 Like

Hi,

you need to send an email to sales@eltamusic.com :wink:

Edit : Sorry ! I hadn’t read that you already saw it.

1 Like

I also received these news yesterday from Elta Music :

“There will be an extra, 13th new cartridge for the effector. We also made new firmware for the keyboard. It will now have a sequencer with flexible settings, a new user-friendly menu, and the ability to save presets with keyboard settings.”

What is the Price of this beast ?

1500€ VAT excl for preorders and 100€ for full FX cartridges pack . It will be at least 1800€ later.

What are those 4 orb thingies in the upper half of the synth?

They’re light sensitive captors for modulation with the hand. When CV/Gate input is used, they also show a visual feedback of CV intensity or Gate frequency/lenght.

2 Likes

Solar 42 is listed on Elta Music website :

2 Likes

GAS is coming on hard with this one. Any Solar 50 owners here who can tell a bit more about the device? Curious about the build quality and the versatility (although they made the 42 a bit more diverse and controllable, if i understood correctly)

Solar 50 built quality was excellent based on Nick Bates, Bobeats, Loopop or Look Mum no computer reviews. Just some OSC bleed when muted but still usable.

The Solar 42 seems to be Indeed a great 50 improvement with way more versatility and controls. The reason why I stopped GASing and preordered it.

1 Like

Oh and only 240 Solar 50 units were built so it is a pretty rare synth

Yeah, read that it was pretty limited in availability. 1600 euro seems like a great price, but also a lot of money for me. So I am still pondering, asking myself what this would add to/overlap with my 7u eurorack with modules like René, Maths, DPO, Spectraphon and Mimeophon I am mostly droning with.

I guess it’s just a complete different beast.