So...will the Digitakt MK2 have a white screen?!

The Digitakt MK3 will have an orange screen like the Machinedrum, obviously.

Yellow or Orange light is easier on the eyes compared to the bluish white light. Yes i think theres a reason why its yellow. (Smartphones have a feature to change from similar light wavelengths.). The Digitakt has a lot of flashing lights going on so eyestrain will be problematic. Thats my justification.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s fair. Iā€™d probably not be bothered by that, though. I wonder if anyone with two or more yellow/green screens and only one white one would prefer it the other way around for the same reason.

My Digitakt MK2 has an OLED screen where I can get any color I want. It has got a night mode with dimmable LEDs and its a stereo sampler supporting up to 384 kHz sampling.

Edit: ā€¦ and it has a +Tera Drive :wink:

1 Like

Awesome!

Can we get this and a Digitone with all black keys, a white screen, and blue ARP and page LEDs?

1 Like

Man, and here I am thinking about swapping out my OTs display to match DT&DNā€¦

You will hate it if it does.
Iā€˜ve seen it with the Analog 4 and Rytm. They had everything designed the same way but still slightly off next to each other. Especially the displays had different contrast and brightness.
They should probably use a different led color with each unit.

I did the same thing with my Digitone Keys (white OLED). None of these lights bother my eyes so I guess my reasoning is for asthetic purposes only.

Blue LEDā€™s would be fairly easy. Swap the LEDā€™s and adjust the resistor values for brightness. All black keys are beyond my current ā€œat homeā€ capabilities.

I can almost guarantee it haha

1 Like

I have many times designed my ideal DT mk2 in my head. Updates Iā€™d include would be an assignable pad (or two) with velocity sensitivity that you could assign a track to and play. I think this would be a great way to invite a bit more finger drumming while still not cannibalizing the AR. 4 assignable outputs, Updated buttons (get rid of the clickety-clackety buttons that often get stuck), stereo sampling, possibility to sample at different bit rates, revamped bit crusher, and more memory.

That said, I have really learned to work around itā€™s limitations. Even song mode, as amazing as it is that Elektron continually updates and evolves their gear, I opted not to download the OS update as Iā€™ve gotten used to my workaround method (recording one track at a time while switching patterns to mimic song mode). Iā€™ve never been as connected to a sampler/sequencer as I am with the DT so itā€™s easy to fantasize about what tweaks Elektron could make to make it the ultimate instrument for me, but at the end of the day Iā€™m glad to have it as it is (yellow screen and all).

1 Like

I think the Digitakt is fine with yellow screen. The Digitone should have a blue one and the Syntakt a red one. That would make them easier to differentiate in dark environments.

2 Likes

Hypothetical: White OLED, fancy button caps, new minimalist logo, more RAM maybe? New exclusive machines that utilize more RAM and possibly expanded fx block more like ST, BUT same DT, mono sampling, everything else basically the same - except more expensive. The regular DT is not discontinued, still available, this is hypothetically a ā€œ+ā€ model.

Buy or nah?

1 Like

Tell me more about these fancy button caps

5 Likes

Maybe, if it has 16 audio tracks, no more ram but +drive streaming, bigger + drive and more FX. But I will keep my actual DT!

I donā€™t care about the oled color or logo :grin:

1 Like

only if it has more project ram and more or removable storage
beefed up sample editing like transient detection slicing
higher sequencer resolution aka true scaling
stereo samplingā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m afraid that this thread will become another digitakt features request thread !!!
The DT+ anticipated features request thread :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This is the speculation thread the lack of AH+ teasers denied us.

I WANT FUCKING CUPHOLDERS

1 Like

cup holders like you wouldnā€™t believe. adjustable.

1 Like

And one per track please!

1 Like

One cupholder per track it is.

1 Like