So...will the Digitakt MK2 have a white screen?!

The analog heat mk2 was only made because elektron had to switch components with new manufacturers for the digi series and mk2s of the analogs and octatrack. Since the syntakt uses the same case and layout of the digitakt, that means that they most likely aren’t changing manufacturers anytime soon, and will be sticking with these designs for a while, otherwise the syntakt would’ve been made in the new case and layout. Just speculation of course. I hope we get a digitakt mk2 at some point with at least stereo sampling, which could be in the same case.

1 Like

Some days ago I thought: I like the yellow displays more. I have the feeling they are “sharper”. But then I thought:
The guys with the analogue parts have the bluewhite displays and the completly digital devices have the yellow ones. Maybe that is the reason? :slight_smile:

That helped.

3 Likes

Depends entirely on what they want the MK2 to be. Maybe it has updated effects - stereo capability and a song mode. None of those thigns would require them to have a factory retool their machines (expensive).

But my guess is that there will simply be a facelift update at some point to bring them inline with the others - it’s a very common thing for all companies to do I’m not sure why Elektron are an exception :slight_smile:

I wonder why they didn’t use a yellow screen for the new Syntakt (as all the other in this format are)- so maybe parts shortage/availability? In which case maybe the others like the Digitakt may change (not sure if that would make them a MK2) as I am sure they won’t want to deal with 2 different screen types of justs for economies of scale etc.

nobody’s been bothered to find the screen part no. yet?

(somebody probably has, but I doubt any of them are old enough to have broken yet, so it’s probably a pretty niche interest… not sure 99% of DT owners are thinking “I MUST FIX THAT YELLOW SCREEN” :wink:

tbh it also looks like quite a pain to desolder!

If the Syntakt had had a yellow screen, I wouldn’t have given it a second thought!

Maybe because the price point of syntakt is right between the digi and octa, so it has bits of both.

All they have to do is add removable storage - like almost every other sampler ever made - and I’m back in on the Digitakt / DT 2.

G

4 Likes

DT MKII will be the first premiere Elektron box without a screen, I read it on an online electronic news website.

You twist knobs until something happens. You have to enter the menu without visual feedback and go through samples one by one without any sort of folder organization. The sequencer has been removed for quality of life improvements because of the stigmatized difficulty.

The DT MKII will have the ability to make music completely removed at behest of user complaints.

This is a very hipster and forward thinking approach.

Good on Elektron for listening.

1 Like

This forum is so boring lately

C’mon man your forename is Sleep

5 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

so the digitakt mkii is the OP-Z?

No… It bends at the ends instead of the middle to create a smiley face instead of a sad one…

Not with the Digitakt MKII on the horizon.

It is if you got the skills. Perhaps @Airyck can pop in here and show off his goods.

1 Like

I’ve seen different screens installed in A4s before.

Might check ebay. That’s where you see a bunch of replacement screen kits for older Waldorf synths. Might be some Elektron stuff on there.

@khapankov

9 Likes

I’m curious why anyone might prefer the white screen. I have yet to use any of the mk2 models (my DT arrives tomorrow), but anything that’s closer to red would be my preference for ease on the eyes. The ST screen looks a bit bright and too far into the blue spectrum for my taste, but maybe it’s less so in person.

2 Likes

Sitting next to OTmk2 and ARmk2 (both white screens), the yellow from Digi seems very out of place and a bit distracting to me

2 Likes