So...will the Digitakt MK2 have a white screen?!

To match my new Syntakt- I have OCD about putting these things side by side! Have we seen the end of yellow screens now?

2 Likes
3 Likes

Has the Digitakt Mk2 lost its way as a sampler?

21 Likes

This is a disguised Speculation thread.

6 Likes

I sure hope so.

1 Like

I think it will. Hardware wise, I can think of a number of possibilities to be added, but that would make it be not homogeneous with the DN and ST, which I’m not sure is currently up with Elektron’s design philosophy.

is the Digitakt still worth it in 2022? :thinking:

10 Likes

I don’t think there will be an MK2 unless elektron decides to completely change manufacturing like what seemed to prompt the MK2s from A4, Rytm, Heat, OT… likely an “improved” DT would just be a new product imo. Maybe there will be a special edition DT with a white screen and some other color changes?

4 Likes

As long as it doesn’t loose focus

4 Likes

What I hate the most is that the Syntakt only has the logo on the front plate, whereas Digitone and Digitakt have elektron + logo.

Utterly disgraceful.

Will the Digitakt MK2 have the logo only?

3 Likes

Wasn’t really disguised :wink:
White screen and Analogue FX block :wink:

2 Likes

The current yellow screen is also a a litle too bright for my retina.

The fact that the syntakt used the exact same case and layout as the digitakt, likely means there will be no digitakt mk2 anytime soon unless they use the same case for an mk2, which would make no sense.

Why not?

I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a minor iteration update at some point.

Maybe they’re setting us up for ‘Special Editions’ the clever bastards

Just wait until the throwback grey digitakt mk2 comes out

7 Likes

Didn’t they do that for the Analog Heat Mk2?

they’ve changed cases before, the octatrack for example mk1 v mk2…

I hope they do change the case, especially if it’s for an interesting and intriguing reason… digthecat

I’ve seen a lot of modded MPC1000 with different screens. Why this is not an option for Digitakt (or any other Elektron)?

Has the elektron symbol lost it’s focus?

2 Likes

Because then they wouldnt really be able to add any extra buttons or functions if they stick to the same case and front plate layout of the digitakt. If they did an mk2, then it will be in a new case design with more functions, like they did with the analogs. Since the syntakt just came out and used the exact same layout and case as the digitakt, you can bet they aren’t going to design a digitakt mk2 in a completely new case design anytime soon, otherwise the syntakt would have used the new design. They kept the costs down on r&d and manufacturing by using the same exact case on both the digitakt and syntakt.

1 Like