So what's the new Elektron keyboard product?

An updated monomachine approach using the new digitone and analog 4 engines, with the distortion unit of the analog heat would be amazing. Even having one octave of full size keys and a mod wheel would be sweet. And separate outputs per voice please. Yum.

64-note polyphonic sample + oscillator based synth with multimode analog filter per voice, 16 part multitimbral with 256 step sequencer that is also somehow a linear sequencer with no resolution limit, 16 LFOs per track (with 64 built in waveforms plus LFO designer), full 8op FM of both samples and oscillators, 32 possible effects (8 at once), 8TB onboard SSD to record full multitracks, touchscreen, encoder per function with LED rings and motorised faders, 88 key weighted hammer action keybed. Pitch and mod wheels carved from rare metals.

$250

9 Likes

Fair price I guess, provided oscillators have wavetable, physical modelling and additive synthesis

2 Likes

Think it will be an updated AK mk2 with new encoders etc. Why do I think this? They are still supporting updates.

1 Like

I couldn’t find any source for this… Does someone have an idea where such leak could be found ?

Somebody told me it will be an AK MK2 in a more compact format with 37 mini keys, yet qualitative with aftertouch , 6 analog voices, and a digitakt-ish screen.
somebody in my head.

1 Like

Sure, we’ll have that done by Monday, should be simple enough!

$249

19 Likes

And I want it to fit in my pocket, but still have full size keys!

7 Likes

With my fantasy hat on I always thought it’d be cool to do a keyboard in an AK sort of format but with the ability to sort of dock a variation of the current form factor modules (DT/DN). So on their own they’d work like a Digitakt but when docked the keyboard would give some more hands on control, extra outs, that sort of thing. They’d be interchangeable and all that jazz.

With my hopeful hat on I’d like to see something new in a keyboard. Korg tried it with the Microsampler some years back. A DT sort of sampler keyboard would be very cool. Fundamentally the same but with some Elektron magic to allow polyphony/voice stealing and automatic time stretch/pitch bending.

With my reality hat on, if something is on the horizon it’ll just be an AK mk2 with improved UI, buttons and the likes and some claim of “further enhanced bass”!

1 Like

Looking at the history of the Monomachine that started as a keyboard. They stopped making that for some reason and focused then only on the tabletop version.

Yes the keyboard version of the mnm was available first. My point was, it’s not really all that hard to guess what elektron are doing if you have been paying attention to the history of the company.

To me for instance the digitone was not a surprise after the digitakt. I expected a synth in the same form factor as the digitakt to be released.

2 Likes

… and after some hard calculation and discussion with marketing it will end up with:

$248,99

I would say X-mas 18 is early enough, isn’t it? :+1:
but they don’t tell which century :wink:

BTW … a digital synth engine or multi-engine with fresh new ideas, which are only feasable with digital synth or sampling methods would be a fine thing.

Overbridge?

No aftertouch? Literally unusable