So what's the new Elektron keyboard product?

@rudolphrapid just spotted that Elektron has moved the Analog Keys to the Legacy Product category.

I think it is very likely – based on someone very high up with Elektron saying in the early part of this year that Elektron was working on a new keyboard product – THAT there will likely be an announcement in the near future of a new Elektron Keyboard Product.

So here’s your chance to speculate on just what that product will be.

It is just speculation, unless you know some secret, and would care to spill the beans.

SFX-12 please.

3 Likes

Digitone with keyboard would be awesome! Considering how FM synthesis reacts to velocity.

This

Add the DT FM as an Engine

1 Like

Give me the MonoMachine updated, with a couple analog OSC’s to boot, well, that would be cool.

6 Likes

If they are following product history, I think we are looking at a digitone keys. Maybe an Ak mkii.

2 Likes

A hybrid analogue-digital with six voices would be insanely great. A :elmm: + :elan: mash up. I just don’t think Elektron would make a machine that complex anymore.

I think this is most likely.

1 Like

That’s going to be a weird transition to key form. The 8 voices requires that it’s going to have a good amount of keys, but the desktop layout is perfectly precise and compact.

I’d be excited about a Digitone Keys – the DK!

What if Elektron makes a workstation? Synth/Sampler/Drum Synth key combo? Their new flagship product

4 Likes

Like that too!

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Main criterium: we must be able to fit at least a Digitone, Digitakt and Analog heat on top of its body, like my Sl-88 can (their feet fit nicely around the part above the keys, and there is plenty of room)

So i vote a keyboard controller with that mixer/fx/sequencer-combination people have been asking for?

3 Likes

I think it can be approached in a way similar to the AK. Don’t think the 8 voices would Be too much of a problem but I can see why it could be.

Digitakt keys in the form factor of the sfx-6 would give a little room for extra keys though.

1 Like

So how about a Digitakt Keys?
That would have the sample side from the DT, and the digital synth side with single cycle waveforms. But it would also allow you to split the keyboard as a midi controller, and a biggie for me: the midi sequencing capabilities. And it should be more in the price range of the present AK, instead of a higher price for a full workstation sort of box.

Add a built in DAW. :+1:

2 Likes

Which OS ? :joy:

1 Like

as long as it can make a decent cup of coffee I will be 100% satisfied.

11 Likes

Whichever OS pisses off the most people! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I wonder if it will have Overbridge 2 :wink:

2 Likes