So we hear a lot about wavetables now

…and I’m wondering if there’s a load of music being released with ‘that wavetable sound’? Any big examples?

Like, are the manufacturers following trends from producers, or just appealing to synth nerds and hoping it’ll work its way through to something ‘era-defining’?!

1 Like

I think it’s more the synth nerds than any current music trends. I think everyone has more analog synth options than they could ever want now. Now it’s time for a new generation of D-50, Prophet VS, etc

10 Likes

Behringer made analogue lame so now we’re back to digital.

I just want a polyphonic synth to which I can load my samples and has an analogue filter. Is that so much to ask??

33 Likes

I think its something ive yet to use in my music yet , so i would like to use it , not just in oscillators mind. So many possibilities to use for modulation as well. I think it would suit standalone synths more than modular , but prove me wrong on that one. If i did do it euro , id probably get a haevestman piston honda MK3 and a xaoc Zadar. But a full blown wavetable synth with state variable analog filters and big of wavetable modulation matrix would really push my buttons.

3 Likes

Have you checked out the Prophet X? https://www.sequential.com/product/prophet-x/

3 Likes

That I can afford :wink:

4 Likes

https://www.tubeohm.com/de-generator.html
Almost what you want. Bar polyphony , not sure on the filters!

1 Like

After all that hullabaloo about Analog, I’m sad that FM enthusiasm was such a short phase.

Woohoo Wavetables I guess?

8 Likes

One of the great crimes in synthesizer history:

That the PPG Wave and Prophet VS became mythical… and no one ever made a wavetable synth with analogue filters again.

9 Likes

Hopefully the synth gods with respond with our puny mortal desires

2 Likes

Same!

Gimme the shronks!!

1 Like

I really love you guys but… How many synths do you ppl need?! Try psychotherapy first! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My psychotherapist advised me to follow my long - suppressed dream of owning every style of synthesis, so…

10 Likes

I need enough so i can be buried like tutankhamun with them

4 Likes

Serum is a wavetable synth and probably the most famous synth in modern edm whatever… for years already.
Eurorack is also full of wavetable modules.

edit: NI Massive as well. It was extremely popular

9 Likes

Iris is great. That’s essentially what I want in hardware but with sample start/stop and loop modulation

3 Likes

…yup…iris in hardware with multiple grain adjustment…with realtime sampling/looper benefits like ot…and all plockable…of course…
then we’re talking…

1 Like

…no worries bout fm…will be always out there…

1 Like

A lot of popular EDM from the last decade or so wouldn’t have existed without the wavetables in NI Massive.

3 Likes

Could you share any? where you can tell it’s wavetable?