So, is everybody getting out of modular?

I don’t know why I bother trying to invest I always do it wrong. Sold my magic cards and bought modules. Magic cards went up, modules went down. I have no clue what to do now. Sell them at a loss and put the money into pokemon and 90s r&b cassettes or just hold and see if market recovers.

8 Likes

Make music?

10 Likes

Royalties are way too low these days for me to ever recover my money that way.

3 Likes

modular is like losing weight: every January there’s a bunch of people trying to right the ship, drop what they don’t need, and live a healthier life.

and as sure as you know that before long, some will be dropping their gym memberships and pounding Big Macs, you know the modular folks will be purchasing a new case and looking to fill it up.

21 Likes

Now that’s an analogy that I can relate to :+1:

1 Like

I didn’t realize you want your money back.
Going from valuable cards to modules with real usable potential and value and ending up with 90’s r&b cassettes sounds infinitely more painful, especially if your bad luck continues.

1 Like

I didn’t even mention that I purchased NFTs of most my modules but I can’t bare to even think to even look at those prices…

4 Likes

All these modules on sale and I was thinking it might be a good time to get into it :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh man. Sorry to hear that. Remember, at the end of the day it’s just money, or mana, sorry…

1 Like

Buy low sell high :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry Strutter, I thought it was obvious that I was joking! I don’t need any new ways to lose money I’ve been using all my old ones!

5 Likes

No problem. It wasn’t obvious to me, you never know. No offense. :rofl:

1 Like

Well… maybe the scary thing is that it’s plausible!

6 Likes

I think a variation of this question gets asked fairly regularly haha

Assuming that someone is also buying the modular that’s being sold then I would assume that people are continuing to enjoy making music with it. It’s not being melted down to make desktop synths.

6 Likes

tenor

Also, I love modulars… I just hate wires.

3 Likes

To be fair, I did just get back into modular, just not that Eurocrack silliness.

3 Likes

Semi-modular doesn’t count. Unless it’s a gateway drug to modular. Which it is.

3 Likes

ActiveSatisfiedAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted

6 Likes

He’s been posting to YouTube and not sharing here!

2 Likes

How dare you!

I’ve been plastering it all over the current sounds thread for over a week.

3 Likes