SMD - Small MIDI Device

It gets even better, I dont have more gear connected at the moment.
but you can control multiple machines with that single button.

the smd learns parameters over multiple midichannels and ties it to the rotary… I didnt dig deep in all the possibilities yet.
the device also got a neat random note generator (not used in this demosong), and you can also send random CC-values to the Parameters you learned it… (not used while playing the song, but i did use that to create variations of the drums before hand, as in sound-design)
For those who are interested, What is happening within the demosong.
I tied the pitch, the reverb, the volume, the lfospeed, delay-feedback of multiple but not all tracks on the machinedrum… Thats how I fade that synthy sound in, and why it ends with lot of filtered delay sounds…

I also used a Ctrl+all track for some mutations, and i used function+parameter trickery… showing the SMD can be used in combination with all the niceness you can already do with your shiny machines…

the smd, its not just a button… its a freakky cool button, that twists your world :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: … yes a nice unit, will see what it costs… bang-for-buck ratio will be important.

most interesting to me is the update to the sfx-jii … something to replace/supercede the minicommand that is useful for both silver boxes would be sweet.

this is cool & simple, with the latest video I now begin to understand what it does :wink:
needs more demos to show it off nicely!

:slight_smile: …most definitely lower than the price of this :joy: :astonished: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

most interesting to me is the update to the sfx-jii … something to replace/supercede the minicommand that is useful for both silver boxes would be sweet.

…will come at some point :expressionless: :sob: :joy:

:slight_smile: …there should be more videos coming soon. stay tuned :joy:

This seems really crazy !
The idea only is already something…
Bravo Guga !
And thanks @the_dreammer for the presentation :+1:

had some leftover material so i though i’d try out a different color scheme :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i think it looks kinda nice :smiley:

:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: thanks Lying Dalai

Looking good, guga!

Hint for Rusty: begins with an ‘M’

guga! guga! guga!

Ah… I’m going to have lots of fun with this when I get my dirty little mitts on one. :slight_smile:

Moonbeams?

thanks catchin :slight_smile: mmm…marzipan? :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :smiley:

orange anyone? :smiley: :alien:

the color in the picture doesn’t actually reflect the real one which is brighter and…more orange :slight_smile: but it gives an idea.

…and a triptych :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (the white version is missing in the picture (and few other things :smiley: )

…and more action from the_dreammer :smiley: :alien:

What a colourful video :slight_smile:

:heart: :+1:
It does go well with MD screen colour :slight_smile:
May I put an option on this one ?
:kiss:

Very nice.

I like the black one. Matches my heart / soul / humour.

Hmmm… more video of me playing around with mine…
I did all kinda weirdness… send lfo’s to drive the knob… ctrl-machines… use the knob to drive lfo’s… dancing girl… pretty colours… prime example of what should be called
gearrlll-pr0n ;-D

Very nice.

I like the black one. Matches my heart / soul / humour.[/quote]