SMD - Small MIDI Device

hi everyone :slight_smile:
it has been a while since any update whatsoever and between customs duty issues, faulty PCBs and broken laptop, i managed to fit in some developments for a new wee box

iā€™ll try and post a quick video later on, in the meantime you can have a guess of what it could be :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

edit: the one in the picture is a prototype

Is it to sequence midi devices with an AR? :imp:

If itā€™s the midi filter/router Iā€™ve been dreaming of, Iā€™ll love you long time :kiss:

none of the above :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: nonetheless, some good suggestions in there :slight_smile:
it comes with MIDI learnā€¦with a little (good) twist

ā€¦ a midi recorder ā€˜manualā€™ LFO looper ?

[/quote]
I know, I knowā€¦
Let the man dream!

Or a midi looper for CC? (probably what avantronica meant)

Or a midi looper for CC? (probably what avantronica meant)[/quote]
probably :+1:
but the knob makes me think thereā€™s more to it !

rright, took me a bit longer than expected but finally

a video that should tell you guys more :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

some of the guesses were close ā€¦ and i would say not even far :alien:

ps: i hope it wonā€™t turn out to be something like: oooh maaanā€¦i thought this was going to change the way i make music and made me rich and famous :smiley: ā€¦

wow cool but seems dangerous to play it live. An onboard lfo that goes beyond 8 bars would be very cool. I mean lfo for the box itself.

mmmā€¦ interestingā€¦ :slight_smile:

iā€™m taking notes of all these :slight_smile: :joy:

klerc
Or a midi looper for CC? (probably what avantronica meant)

this is nice as wellā€¦

another quick update on the matter

in this track the SMD is used to randomly generate notes :slight_smile: - greetings catchin :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :alien:

another test, this time with the MM :slight_smile:

ā€¦got a little box delivered today :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

short audio test with the MM. implemented random notes generation within major and minor scale; some ā€˜adjustmentsā€™ needed :slight_smile:

yep, unless you want to go crazy in front of your audience and randomize all youā€™ve got :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
the way you would probably use it live is by using the encoder, which acts as the CTR-AL machine on the MD. it means that for each bunch of MIDI CCs (this version can hold up to 20 MIDI CCs per bunch, thereā€™re three bunches), youā€™ll have control over them with the encoder, at once :slight_smile:
you could use more than just one SMD and have even more controlā€¦how does it sound? :joy:

ā€¦it was photo-shooting day today :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

the firmware for this model is almost ready, fine tuning at the moment. more news to comeā€¦